Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t send text messages on my iPhone 6

Sjh660
1: Seeker

My text messages on my iPhone 6 won't send I've got signal and updated my phone but I can't seem to figure out the problem. I just tried to send a text message containing “hi”, however, it can’t even send that 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone. sim card and network. 

Does this happen everywhere also ? 

To rule out local or surrounding mast issues.

And to certain contacts or all of.them ?

To rule out if you or the recipient has added numbers to the phones text blocking feature. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Sjh660

Lets see if this can be solved for you.  The first thing to do is to take a look at the following two links.

How do I set up text messages?

About iMessage and SMS/MMS

If you have the correct message centre number, try turning off your imessaging, this will force the phone to send as SMS.

If you still have the same issues after doing the checks please come back to the forum.

Hi, 

everything checks out regarding the links you’ve sent, however, I still can’t send texts to international numbers such as danish numbers

AnnS

Hi @Sjh660

If your messages are leaving the Vodafone network and sent to the Danish network for forwarding onto the Danish number, it would be an issue with the Danish network.  SMS messages sent to an overseas network will also cost 35p per message or there is an extra you can add from the link here: Vodafone Extras

The best thing to do is to have a live chat, they will be able to check your SMS messages are leaving the Vodafone network and sent to the receiving network correctly.

Dianaaaa
1: Seeker

You can try force restarting your iPhone 6 at first. If it doesn't work, try out using third-party iOS system repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Repair, imyfone, etc to deal with it without data loss.

I tried many solutions online , but finally solved it by turning on Live Text settings on iPhone.