Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot access certain websites on 4G

owenism2001
2: Seeker

Hi there

Please I cannot access some websites when I am on 4G, but once I am on wifi these websites work. It is not content lock. please has anyone experienced this before and what can I do to resolve it. many thanks 

NB: I use an Iphone x and the message that comes up when i try to open website is ''Safari cannot open the page because it could not establisj a secure connection to the server'

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you try another Browser such as Google Chrome @owenism2001

Also try deleting your browsing history and reset Safari to remove previous cache and cookies. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @owenism2001 😊

Do you have our Vodafone Secure Net active on your account? This can sometimes restrict access to certain websites. You can check if it's active and remove it using your My Vodafone.

Please us know if this helps, we'll be happy to investigate further if not.

razor1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, did you find out the reason why you couldn't access those sites?

I'm having the same problem, think it might have something to do with the SSL certificates on the sites?

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's usually Securenet, even when you think it's off, it still snoops on ssl sessions and causes issues.

Try going to an adult site and seeing if that is allowed.

deepyanti

Yes, same issue, the 4g network from Vodafone is so weak that I had to nearly wait for 5 minutes for a single page to load. Vodafone needs to work on its system which manager customers.

I own an e-commerce business and basic banking transactions can be a bit of a task for me.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @deepyanti - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. Have you checked your postcode in our network status checker?

If you have and everything looks okay, could you complete our initial network checks please?