Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

abiallen96
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue as everyone else in this thread. I turned on the ‘data while abroad’ bar in the myVodafone app a few days ago and ever since I have been unable to use 4G whilst at home. I’ve tried turning the bar off again and doing a phone restart but still not working. Would be great if somebody could help. 

Thanks

Hi again. I’ve just done a live web chat via the Vodafone app where I was instructed how to fix this issue. I’ve had many problems with Vodafone customer services in the past but this has been the best help I have ever received. I’ve attached a screenshot with the fix which will hopefully work for others!

61DDDA93-78A1-4FED-9776-EE58FA9FAF6C.png

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@abiallen96 We're delighted the troubleshooting and quick fix advised by our representative has resolved this for you! 😁 Please keep us posted if you encounter any further issues following this fix and we'll be happy to look further into this.

Getting the same problem as everyone else here, it's been going on a while but I assumed it was some variety of maintenance going on or some other such issue. Please help!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you're having a problem when trying to use our 4G service @Agirga. If the steps in our troubleshooting guide don't help respolve this, please contact us by following the instructions in the private message I've just sent and we'll be happy to take a look into this.

I am having this exact issue. 3/4G showing at top of screen yet cannot use it! Have been on the livechat for about 8hours over last 3 days. Completely incompetent advisors who seem to be palming me off with ‘it’ll be rectified in 24hours’. Then ‘I have escalate to priority, I assure you will be solved in 4hours’. Surprise surprise nothing! 

It’s ludicrous!

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sian_atkins I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your 4G also. I've sent you some instructions to get in touch with us via Private Message, please follow the steps included and we'll investigate what's causing this.

Many thanks but I went into store today as wanted an immediate fix. They swapped my sim for a new one but alas, it still did not work. They said the only solution was to raise a complaint with Vodafone online.

instead, I called the complaints line where the guy solved my problem in 5minutes! (It’s taken 8+ hours online!)

Basically, apparently ‘Red Leader’ no longer exists (which is the plan I had) so rather than transferring my package, they just disconnected it! Way to go Vodafone! So once the new Sim kicked in, it kicked out the Red Leader. Such poor communication from Vodafone& why could no-one else have identified that?!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear if this has caused the problem @sian_atkins. Has this now been resolved for you?