Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

It all went through on a Sunday afternoon last time for most people so the whole working hours thing isn’t quite true. Fingers crossed before Monday and Vodafone are on it.

Lo and behold no call back after 12.

Called up again and had to explain myself yet again. A form has been submitted which will take 24 hours after which I will get a call back.

Place your bets if i actually get a call back. Been promised 3 so far.

It’s a shambles. It’s approaching 24hrs for me too now and I can’t see the ‘promised’ maximum 24hrs being met. Anyone know how long a sim swap to a physical SIM card takes? I have a spare Vodafone nano sim I could use.

In a similar position here. Did esim to esim swap yesterday which came through via email pdf within minutes. Today I’m trying to swap again as my new iPhone is defective so being returned to Apple. Requested an esim a few hours ago and nothing received as yet. Got no service and I’ve told as others have to wait 24 hours...we’ll see whether that happens! Wish I stayed old school with a physical sim, so much less hassle...

I asked if they could roll me back to an old physical SIM card and they said no. The eSIM replacement would cause both to fail. 

I assume that it’ll be the same for a new SIM card. 

Any luck today with anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing here :Sad_face:

Called up and spoke with the support team via the complaints number which just routes you to the regular team. /useful/

The lady I spoke with told me that the escalation to fix the stuck open order had been rejected and that she had done it again but this time time would only take a couple of hours.

She’s supposed to call me back but I won’t hold my breath that I’ll get the eSIM or that I’ll get the call back. 

I know that sometimes things go wrong but they could at least tell the truth, follow through on promises and complete call backs when they say they’re going to. 

Nothing still here 

Finally got the QR code just before 2pm. Hope everyone else got it too!