Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My new SIM still has no service

TV175
4: Newbie

Hi, I just received my new SIM and it will port my number from GiffGaff on Oct 19.

I was expecting to get service on the SIM on a temporary number in the interim but it says no setvice after 8 hours. Is that not the case? The number on the SIM is not a phone number. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

As you are porting over a number @TV175 , the SIM won't activate until the porting is complete, this will be Thursday next week.  Vodafone give further information on the help section Keep My Number 

Until the number ports you will still have service on your GiffGaff SIM, porting is done in stages and you shouldn't be without any service.

Should you have any porting issues next week come back to the forum and this will be something where the Social Team will help.

Edited Yes @TV175 until the account is active you won't be able to log on.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

As you are porting over a number @TV175 , the SIM won't activate until the porting is complete, this will be Thursday next week.  Vodafone give further information on the help section Keep My Number 

Until the number ports you will still have service on your GiffGaff SIM, porting is done in stages and you shouldn't be without any service.

Should you have any porting issues next week come back to the forum and this will be something where the Social Team will help.

Edited Yes @TV175 until the account is active you won't be able to log on.

Thank you!  I guess I need to put the SIM in at the allotted time  (its currently in my spare phone)

Supplementary question: I got an email to sign into "My Vodafone" with a password but it fails every time. Do I need to wait til service starts?

Hi @TV175 👋 That's right, soon after your service goes live you should then find you're able to login 😊

Yes it all happened like you said, very smooth.

My upcoming bill in November is twice my monthly agreed amount, presumably this month in arrears plus next month in advance, I hope it will go back to normal in December . 

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know @TV175, it's great to hear your services are now activated with no issues.

When taking out a new service, your first bill can look different due to pro-rata billing. We're more than happy to take a closer look into your bill with you and advise accordingly. Just pop us over a message via our Social Media Team here and we'll get started. 

I opened an X account and the social media team member helped clear up a  confusion about billing and data allowance. 

Thank you for keeping us posted. It's great to hear that our Social Media team were able to help clear up any confusion.

If you do have any other questions or queries, please don't hesitate to ask, we're happy to help. You can also find lots of handy self-help using TOBi and our Support Centre online.