Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of Blacklisting

phillipbentham
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had my iPhone 6s stolen last week in Paris. For insurance, I need a Proof of Blacklisting, but I am going in circles with Vodafone. One person said they would send it, and didn't. Another said they don't provide Proof of Blacklisting. Help please!

21 REPLIES 21

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @phillipbentham

Our Live Chat team can provide you with Proof Of Blacklisting. 

Louise

I have the same problem. I have spoken to 5 different agents and spent several hours on the phone in the past week Still have not received the Proof of Blacklisting that the insurance is demanding. It is now 3 weeks since I reported the phone stolen. The telephone help keeps directing me to the wrong departments., including IVidafone insureance who say they dont do blacklisting. My insurance have told me the phone still is not blacklisted. Dont know any more what to do at this point

taralfg
1: Seeker

I have been having such a nightmare with this too.  My phone was stolen and need proof that I blocked it to claim it on my insurance.  I requested the block 2 months ago but Vodafone keep sending mixed messages. First they say they sent the email proof, next they say they can't send it, now they say my phone isn't blocked, it's a nightmare! And all this while I have no proper phone. If the phone was properly blacklisted when I requested it maybe the phone would have been handed in (as no use reselling a blacklisted phone) and I might have got it back. Very frustrated and dissappointed in Vodafone. Anyone else had to go through this process to claim their phone on insurance?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble getting your proof of blacklisting @taralfg.

I'll be happy to access your account and double check what's happening with your request.So I can do this, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

I am also suffering from this since last month, I lost my phone and insurance company needs proof of blacklisting from Vodafone, after asking several times Vodafone is sending me the same email over and over again that we cannot provide you blacklisting proof. Instead, they sending me proof of purchase which is not what I want. 

I need proof of when the phone was activated and when it was blacklisted for insurance purposes. 

Can you please help? I need it urgently to process my claim.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sabbiiqbal I'm sorry to hear you're also having issues getting Proof of Blacklist, we'll gladly look into this and get all the details you need to claim via insurance. Please follow the steps I've included in this Private Message, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Is this a training issue with Vodafone staff?  I managed to get Vodafone to blacklist my handset after speaking to three different Agents but because I didn't buy my phone from Vodafone/CPW or another sister company I can't get proof of blacklisting.

I'm in limbo now as vodafone won't provide it and the insurance company won't progress the claim.

Vodafone have a duty to blacklist stolen phones when reported to them but they do not seem to do it. Same kind of issue.  I have spoken to 5 different agents and spent several hours on the phone without result. Also spent hours on chat help. Still have not received the Proof of Blacklisting that the insurance is demanding. It is now 3 weeks since I reported the phone stolen. Don't know any more what to do. Agents keep promisig to solve this but seems they do not know what to do.

Does anyone know the complaints procedure as I cannot find it on my accounts webpage?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@mfundi 

Try > complaints/code-of-practice 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.