Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Sourabh: I have checked and found that you are on currently old plan, CTR 13. You need to change your plan to CTR 14 to use the apple watch.

And here is another on

The CTR 14 would only cost you extra £3 to £4 more however you have the option to dispute this with the customer services team who may offer you the plan at the same cost you are paying

Anyone had any luck today? 

Ive not. 😩

Not yet - got a callback from the “technical” person I spoke with last night and he said they were advised to ask customers to visit the store.

Same for me yesterday. And someone else on this forum who did visit and got put on the phone to customer services. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🙄🙄🙄

See my last two posts

mine doesn’t work as it’s on the CTR13 tarriff and needs to be on CYR14 to work which apparently will cost more...

hidden conditions and possibly falsely selling it to us all?

How do we know what a CTR13 and CTR14 is? And which one I’m on?

Call customer services

Mine needs to be changed manually as it’s already the highest tariff so the system can’t do it. 

Bo cost either

I spoke to them.  They said I don’t need to change my tariff and that they have reset something which is going to take 24 to 48 hours and I should call them when it’s working....

So bit of an update here..

I had an email from Vodafone saying welcome etc.. but it stated a different number to mine for the Apple Watch, no idea why, but I think Vodafone has applied the apple watch one number tarrif on a different number to my own.

Not sure if this is normal. Anyone else?