Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Andyfitter

You’ll find Siri is broken, and in mobile data in settings says no connection or similar.

to fix this...

I had to go into the Apple Watch app on my iPhone, select the watch, go to settings and then go to mobile data - asked me to download a new provisoning profile. All working fine for me now. 

Unable to get Apple watch 4 data plan to work - spent hours on chat and phone over last 2 days - despite Vodafone saying my watch plan is set up eSIM sorted( need better training amount of times I was asked if I put the eSIM in correctly) and phone linked to watch - still no data plan working - now told that a more technical person needs to look at my problem will take 48 hours! Looking at posts  not alone with Vodafone not able to configure Apple Watches - if you can wait I would they my might understand what they doing in a few weeks Good luck! 

Im starting to wish I had never tried to set this up now. I have had no end of problems

eSim setup in store, worked fine for 2 days (although took almost a whole day to go live), following a WatchOS update it stops working. Vodafone tried to return the esim and set it up again to resolve the issue.

4 days later and it still not working and Vodafone have somehow managed to cut off my mobile too, ive lost all phone and data signal, access to my online account and the vodafone app, however customer services and the store still see my account and number as active.

Been without any phone service for 1.5 days now while they try and fix the issues :Sad_face:

chistery
16: Advanced member

Despite it telling me I failed a credit check, I was told Vodafone had not done a credit check and it was an internal system error.

Also, no search has appeared on Clearscore yet either.

As for £60 credit for a complaint, that's the plan free for a year, that's not too bad really!

@chistery wrote:

Despite it telling me I failed a credit check, I was told Vodafone had not done a credit check and it was an internal system error.

Also, no search has appeared on Clearscore yet either.

As for £60 credit for a complaint, that's the plan free for a year, that's not too bad really!

For some maybe, the inconvenience is hard to quantify into an amount that would make someone happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unrelated note I found a scratch on my watch, so that means I'm stuck with Vodafone now.

I've tried to make a complaint like 3 times already on a Unrelated thing and this but no one seems to take it 🤔

The services I pay for are not being rendered.

What really ##~## me off is that there's no OFFICIAL acknowledgement directly from Vodafone, it wouldn't be hard to send an email or text to the potentially affected users.

But hey ##~## the customer right?

Anyway Im due a message from the social media team today, we'll see what happens 

Surprise surprise, this still isn't working plus I haven't had the call back from the support team either.

Interesting that my phone shows the Data Plan as being 'Vodafone UK' but constantly showing 'Waiting' however on my Watch 4 it shows that I have 'No Data Plan'.

Come on Vodafone - sort it out!!

@VIMET wrote:

Surprise surprise, this still isn't working plus I haven't had the call back from the support team either.

Interesting that my phone shows the Data Plan as being 'Vodafone UK' but constantly showing 'Waiting' however on my Watch 4 it shows that I have 'No Data Plan'.

Exactly the same here, calling me at 11am apparently...

chistery

@VIMET wrote:

That's the stage I got to, Vodafone took my EID and it started working overnight.

@chistery wrote:

@VIMET wrote:

That's the stage I got to, Vodafone took my EID and it started working overnight.

if thats the case then vodafone already have my EID and it still doesnt work lol and its been 72 hours