main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Tried that for the last 24 hours. It’s been loading for the last 24 hours lol 

they all say say different things 

View more options

If you hear anything on how to fix it let us know. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

View more options
2: Seeker

When I first set mine up yesterday, I got the carrier update prompt and it worked. But then it disconnected after a few hours and I haven't been able to get it back.

View more options

I did loose 4G on my iPhone not on a simo plan btw, when I updated to iOS 12, as I said I used live chat but also kicked there ##~## on Twitter it’s now working just fine... and my Vodafone online (not app) shows me a different number like I say... I too had a look in the app last night and it all of sudden appeared in there and connected my original issue was that it said your Vodafone UK account can’t be used to setup data on your Apple Watch contact Vodafone uk... which is what I did i unpaired and repaired the watch a bunch of times it now works as intended as I say and I’ve my 4G back was made no mention of having to change plans either... unlimited minutes,unlimited texts,5GB data,2GB inclusive roaming data,Inclusive roaming calls texts and picture messages,Global Roaming,6 months inclusive Entertainment on 24 month ending 13 Mar 2019 so I am on a Red Entertaimment Plan currently.... but my Vodafone app isn’t working so can’t check my exact plan I like others have had issues with Vodafone over the almost 4yrs I’ve been with them first of all I was on the new billing system but couldn’t link my account that eventually got fixed, then they lost my account and had to setup another one... then had to get them to enable WiFi calling on my account and then this issue with the watch... I hope everyone manages to get it working tho 

View more options
3: Seeker

Just had this from the Twitter team, which contradicts what their phone team said yesterday;

”I've taken a good look through your account and noticed that the order for your Apple Watch is still showing as open. This means that the watch isn't yet reflected on your account correctly, this could be the reason that you're unable to link it to your plan.

I've escalated this to our Technical team to help get everything resolved for you. I'm really sorry about the delay and understand how frustrating this must be. The team have told me everything should be complete within the next 48 hours. I'll continue to monitor your account and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Not to worry, you'll not be charged for your Apple Watch service until we've completed these steps.“

View more options

I’ve just called up and spoken to the technical team also, they spent a little while ‘investigating the situation’ and decided that they also needed to escalate to a speacalist team that’ll be in touch some time in the next two days so I guess I’ll just have to wait 😑

View more options
Administrator

@Nsjmurray @sorinc03 It's strange to see that you're failing these credit checks as you've already received the Apple Watches. If you've bought it directly through us, then you wouldn't need to pay the extra £5 per month to add it to your plan as you'll be paying for it monthly already. So we're able to have a closer look into your account, please contact us directly using the information in my private message

@ttt0mm @SimonTurp If Vodafone UK is still spinning and not loading, meaning your Apple Watch still hasn't paired correctly, then we'd just need to check your account to confirm it's all set up on our end. I've also sent you both a private message with details on how to contact our team. 

@nathanp I haven't seen anyone's 4G stop working once the plan and Apple Watch have been paired, is this still the case or is your 4G back up and running now? 

@Splloyd94 @Odinn74 If our Tech team are looking into this for you then fingers crossed it'll be resolved shortly. If you'd like our team to also have a look into your account, please contact us using the information in my private message

@e195 Where are you up to now? I can see you've been told you'd need to move to a newer plan, has this been done?

@SteLFC Thanks for posting on our Community page. There's a couple of different issues on this thread, please could you get back to us with which one you're facing? We'll then be able to best advise further 🙂

@C225 @tkei I'm happy to see both of your Apple Watches are successfully working 🎉

View more options

@Alex Sure. The problem I have is that when I go on the Watch app, and go to mobile data and click set up Mobile Data, it says “Sorry, you can’t use this plan with Vodafone One Number. Please call 191”. I’ve rang numerous times and had no help whatsoever.

View more options

Same problem I’m having! I’ve given details in the form provided in your private message @Alex

View more options

Hi @Alex; I'm having the same problems with my new Apple Watch 4 - being forced to do subscribe to the £5 plan which then fails a credit check despite already having a new Apple Watch plan fron VF. Could you PM me please so I can provide you details as VF phone support has been very limited, Thanks.....

View more options
Administrator

@SteLFC I'm with you, cheers for providing that extra info 👍 I'll popped over a private message to your inbox, please follow the instructions so you're able to get in contact with our team. 

@Splloyd94 Thanks for letting me know. You should have received an automated response containing a unique reference number. This will look like [#12233445] and if you let us know yours, we'll chase this up. 

@lloyd56 Of course I can, we'd be happy to see what's going on 🙂 If you could also contact us using the information in my private message, that would be great! 

View more options

@Alex reference is #19588774

View more options

@Alex

@Alex wrote:

@Nsjmurray @sorinc03 It's strange to see that you're failing these credit checks as you've already received the Apple Watches. If you've bought it directly through us, then you wouldn't need to pay the extra £5 per month to add it to your plan as you'll be paying for it monthly already. So we're able to have a closer look into your account, please contact us directly using the information in my private message

@ttt0mm @SimonTurp If Vodafone UK is still spinning and not loading, meaning your Apple Watch still hasn't paired correctly, then we'd just need to check your account to confirm it's all set up on our end. I've also sent you both a private message with details on how to contact our team. 

@nathanp I haven't seen anyone's 4G stop working once the plan and Apple Watch have been paired, is this still the case or is your 4G back up and running now? 

@Splloyd94 @Odinn74 If our Tech team are looking into this for you then fingers crossed it'll be resolved shortly. If you'd like our team to also have a look into your account, please contact us using the information in my private message

@e195 Where are you up to now? I can see you've been told you'd need to move to a newer plan, has this been done?

@SteLFC Thanks for posting on our Community page. There's a couple of different issues on this thread, please could you get back to us with which one you're facing? We'll then be able to best advise further 🙂

@C225 @tkei I'm happy to see both of your Apple Watches are successfully working 🎉

Hi Alex,

i submitted the info but didn’t get any kind of confirmation.

View more options

I have had more fun and games. My 4g seems to have returned to normal now but apple watch still not working properly. 

I found out that the lady in customer services put the wrong serial number in the backend. (She thought that all apple watches had the same initial serial numbers.) that has been changed now but I still can't get cellular working. It says setup mobile data in back end and now says loading plan with a spinner. Then takes me back to setup mobile data again. Then says activating with a spinner. Then back to setup mobile data again. This is further than I got since they had the correct serial but still not working. 

View more options
Administrator

@Splloyd94 Thanks for confirming, I've passed this on and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

@Nsjmurray It might be in your spam/junk email folder. I've checked on our end and we've received it, your reference number is [#19588875] 🙂 

@nathanp Okay so still a work in progress then. If you'd like us to check on your account, I've sent over our contact details via private message 👍

View more options

Hi @Alex I’ve filled in the form via your private message. Thanks

View more options

@Alex wrote:

@Splloyd94 Thanks for confirming, I've passed this on and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

@Nsjmurray It might be in your spam/junk email folder. I've checked on our end and we've received it, your reference number is [#19588875] 🙂 

@nathanp Okay so still a work in progress then. If you'd like us to check on your account, I've sent over our contact details via private message 👍

Hi Alex, 

thanks for confirming, can you advise when this will be looked into?

Will it be the 48 hours as advised?

View more options

I too have the problems people are mentioning. No data plan on watch. Etc etc. Any help or length of time to sort appreciated. 

Ps did anyone get the wrong strap with theirs? I got the sport one but wanted the material one that was shown on the initial launch page. 

View more options

@Alex [#19588915]

View more options
Administrator

@SteLFC Fab, did you get a reference number in an automated response via email? 

@Nsjmurray That's our advised reply time, but it's usually much quicker. I've flagged your reference number so you should hear back today 👍

@jeffacus I've also sent you over a private message with our contact details. We're only offering the Sports Band with Apple Watches bought through us. If you did want a different one, you'd need to get it from Apple directly. 

@SimonTurp Nice one, thank you 😊

View more options