main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

2: Seeker

And here is another on

The CTR 14 would only cost you extra £3 to £4 more however you have the option to dispute this with the customer services team who may offer you the plan at the same cost you are paying

View more options
4: Newbie

Anyone had any luck today? 

Ive not. 😩

View more options

Not yet - got a callback from the “technical” person I spoke with last night and he said they were advised to ask customers to visit the store.

View more options

Same for me yesterday. And someone else on this forum who did visit and got put on the phone to customer services. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🙄🙄🙄

View more options

See my last two posts

mine doesn’t work as it’s on the CTR13 tarriff and needs to be on CYR14 to work which apparently will cost more...

hidden conditions and possibly falsely selling it to us all?

View more options

How do we know what a CTR13 and CTR14 is? And which one I’m on?

View more options

Call customer services

Mine needs to be changed manually as it’s already the highest tariff so the system can’t do it. 

Bo cost either

View more options

I spoke to them.  They said I don’t need to change my tariff and that they have reset something which is going to take 24 to 48 hours and I should call them when it’s working....

View more options

So bit of an update here..

I had an email from Vodafone saying welcome etc.. but it stated a different number to mine for the Apple Watch, no idea why, but I think Vodafone has applied the apple watch one number tarrif on a different number to my own.

Not sure if this is normal. Anyone else?

View more options

I had the same issue no data connection spoke to someone on live chat yesterday said he would escalate it to connections team... also twittered them.... after say 2hrs it was up and working when I look at the account on the Watch app yes it has a different phone number but if you ring that number from a different phone it will ring the iPhone normal number.... it seems to be good but to early to tell as of yet I too am on the £22 for 6 months then £27 thereafter for the remaining 18months, still running a iPhone 7+ can upgrade that in December hope this helps some people?

View more options
3: Seeker

I am amazed that no one from Vodafone has been on here, this is a massive farce. The watch has been miss sold in my opinion, you can’t just sell a product then when it delivers tell people they need to change plan.

Sort it out.

View more options

Mine did a carrier update about 9am and it’s fully working now, account shows a second line for £5 although discounted for the first 6. Also the second line has a usage allowance of 60 GB even though my normal plan has 40GB. 

Just for for the record I’m on a SIM only red entertainment plan and got my Watch from apple. So apart from the 12 hour wait it didn’t do anything Voda have done a good job for me and only took a 15 minute call to get it paired. 🙂

View more options

So it appears if you are SIM only you are in luck here, seen a couple of messages from SIM only people saying it’s working for them.

I’d be interested to hear if anyone on a contract has got it sorted?

View more options

Got the exact same issue. Spoke to about four different people and have had four different excuses. It’s a joke.

View more options

Well I’ve been waiting over 24hours now for my watch to connect, I was told originally it was down to the order being open and it would sort itself out at midnight. Nah didn’t happen rang this morning to be told that it looks like a stuck open order been passed to technical now for urgent fix should be sorted this morning, they will call me back when done not holding much hope this should have been sorted a week ago when we all ordered and should be seemless,

They did say you will be compensated though doubt that will happen why launch something that you can’t get working is it that difficult.

View more options

Received the Apple Watch 4 yesterday but can’t connect it to my mobile data. Keep receiving the message “Sorry you can’t use this plan with Vodafone One Number”. I’ve called 191 countless times and still got no solid answer. Anyone else having the same issue?

View more options

I have exactly the same issue, it’s a complete joke.

View more options

Ahhh mines still not connected. Will give it until Monday 

View more options

So I was facing the same issue as everyone else on here. No connection on my watch. 

Just went into the Watch app on my iPhone and then went to the Mobile Data option. By doing this it updated my carrier settings and now my watch is connected!

Suggest you all try this if you've asked Vodafone to setup your watch and had no connection so far. 

View more options

Tried all that just says not setup on account just spoke to technical who said stay calm it’s new technology will be working tonite.

View more options