Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@Gemma wrote:

My apologies again, that the Apple Watch issues aren’t resolved for some of you yet!

@janine8 – I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. Please let me know the reference number from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456). If you’ve not been in touch with my team yet, please contact us by following the instructions from this private message.

@GrandL – Please reply to the last email we sent on 17 January.

@selmaquuen – I’ve sent you a private message. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details.

@Jasespace123 – We’ve got your email reply from yesterday and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

Hi Gemma

Have you received the email that I sent in regard to the Apple Watch?  Mank Thanks :Smiling:

@Gemma

lovely if you to reply but I think you didn’t read my post. I already cancelled my watch data plan with Vodafone as after 3 weeks I didn’t want to spend anymore time on the phone with your technical team who don’t know how to get it working. I’m ever hopeful that they’ll get there eventually and if I see these many of long running cases start to get solved them I may be willing to sign up again at that point.  Not holding my breath!

Exactly..I think it’s something simple that they just can’t get right after all EE can do it straight away as I know a few people with Apple Watch and phone including my son who had theirs up and running within a day so why a bigger company like Vodafone can’t do the same is unbelievable, I suggested that why don’t they disconnect the watch all together as though I have not got one and start again , one person said it’s because it’s not been activated another person said it’s because it’s not been linked then another person said yet again it’s not activated..do they know what their doing..so annoying and I’ve had my watch for nearly 5 months now and got no further with it despite spending hours on the phone with multiple calls from Vodafone and going to Vodafone store ..

Nsjmurray

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

I tried tec team dozens of times , online chat very nearly done it in fact it was close than I have ever been to getting it resolved, instead of saying no data it said you have to many devices on your plan and have one removed so I mentioned this to tec team who then said they’d sort it and it was back to no data again , anyway cut a long story short I’ve tried ever way possible and now been told nothing they can do and told me to take watch back to store and I will be refunded my money..not outcome I wanted but that’s it they said 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@trevwealthall This isn't the outcome that we want for you either and I'd love for us to get your Apple Watch connected. If you follow the instructions in the private message I've sent to you, I'll be happy to look into this further.

Thanks for the offer and it was not the outcome I wanted either as I have been patient and waited nearly six months trying to sort it but now I do not have the Apple Watch as I was told to hand it back in to Vodafone store and it will be taken off my contact so now I don’t have it anymore, they said they could not do it as it’s had to many attempts trying to sort it ..so as I said I no longer have the watch ..such a shame

They have esculated my case again!!! Apparently i have until Thursday then it has got to be sent back :Sad_face: Guessing I wont be having an Apple Watch either so will be looking to move to EE!

Mine was esculated lots of times on the highest level I was being told , but now as you know the final outcome was for them just to say it can’t be done take watch back , my son got Apple Watch with his phone on EE contract and was told to wait up to 24 hours but his was working and paired long before the 24 hours was up ..so if EE can do it why can’t Vodafone. ? 

I even said to Vodafone cant you speak to Apple to see if they can help sort the problem!!!