Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

I haven’t had anything from them, have had a reply from the ceo email saying someone is trying to fix my issue ASAP and I’ll be contacted, we will see lol

my initial issue is now fixed (phone and watch app recognise my plan)

now my watch say no sim installed (wether this is the case in the frist place or not idk

>now my watch say no sim

I wouldn’t get your hopes up VF have so far been unable to resolve the “Plan but No Sim” issue. It was the issue I originally had. I spent four days but VF were simply unable to resolve it. The only solution was to cancel the line and start again, which I did, and then got the “no sim” problem again..

@rasputin1969 wrote:

>now my watch say no sim

I wouldn’t get your hopes up VF have so far been unable to resolve the “Plan but No Sim” issue. It was the issue I originally had. I spent four days but VF were simply unable to resolve it. The only solution was to cancel the line and start again, which I did, and then got the “no sim” problem again..

the fun just continues doesnt it 

one step forwards two backwards or five depending on how incompetant they are

I don't beleive there is anything customers can do to resolve this issue.   The issue is clearly to do with Vodafone's network. I would reccomend not following any of vodafones instructions to reset your watch and phone, re-pair, reboot, wait 24 hours, wait 48 hours, wait a week et al; just leave vodafone!

I had all these issues and got fed up of talking to third line support who are clearly ignorant and or negligent of how to resolve this issue. I had chosen vodafone as I use them with work and their signal is ok where I live. I decided against EE initially due to reports their signal was not good where I live. However if you have a phone that does wifi calling, it's not so much an issue!

Anyway having got fed up last thursday with Vodafone wasting hours of my day on line chatting with the dozenth person I'd talked to who still treated my issue as something i needed to do to resolve, I asked for my PAC Code.

By Friday I was up and running with EE on a better plan and everything worked first time. 

I had exactly the same issue. Vodafone data plan for my Apple Watch never worked and was promised multiple times that wait and it will work. Now I unded up with my primary phone number being disconnected for 4 days! I should have left Vodafone!

I have documented my full 2 weeks story on a new thread here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Unfair-customer-treatment-and-discrimination-Left-with-b...

@morganomalley wrote:

@rasputin1969 wrote:

>now my watch say no sim

the fun just continues doesnt it 

one step forwards two backwards or five depending on how incompetant they are

Can’t fully remember If when I repaired my watch I think I disabled WiFi on my phone so it was using Bluetooth / 4G only when pairing so it fetched my plan...

@VIMET wrote:

I had a text message out of the blue last night around 9pm with a 'one-time access code'.

Later on in the evening I received an email from the Vodafone Social Media team who had sent the text.  It seems that they are now starting to work through the comments on here to try and resolve.

Fingers crossed this is fixed soon!

Seriously, do not cross any of your fingers😂

I received my first response from the social media team almost 3 weeks ago now and since then I have received 6 responses total - 3 of them confirming my account and order details and still no resolve

I keep getting messages from the social media team, where they send me 'one time access codes', then ask questions. Then nothing happens.

Got my 'Welcome to Vodafone, you're getting charged now' email though.

Emailed Nick Jeffery's office, in the vain hope that they might actually get hold of this issue and deal with it.

Another call to VF, blind transferred from complaints (great customer service) to the so called Technical team, who started reading the script. 

I seriously have lost the will to live 

guess what, he’s assured me it’s been done and he’s said to give it 24 hours!!! AGAIN!

YOU ARE CLOWNS VODAFONE!!!