Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Now I’ve been told it will take another 5-7 working days means another 10 days and even then there’s no guarantee that it will work...lol

They’re doing a grand job of telling people 24hrs, 48hrs, 5 days, 7working days......

soon be over 30 days and everyone will be stuck with a watch that doesn’t work and unable to send it back. 

Ombudsman here i come.

soon be over 30 days and everyone will be stuck with a watch that doesn’t work and unable to send it back. 

Ombudsman here i come.

I brought the 30 day returns policy up with the CEO office and they can waive that for instances like this, hence why it’s important you raise a complaint with the CEO so you have that assurance. I’m due a call from them today with an update although I did discover yesterday that after 3 weeks there is no EID for the watch on my account, even though the watch is on there showing as a secondary number no EID very strange. And mine came direct from Vodafone 

Is the CEO office the same as customer relations?  That’s where my complaint is at the moment and I’m told it can’t go any higher.....

Higher than Customer relations just google his email address Nick Jefferies

So I just went on live chat to find out when I could upgrade my phone acccount as can’t get it up on my Vodafone and they were like we can’t find your account, rang 191 they couldn’t find it but transferred me to a customer service person and he just asked for my name and PIN number for the account and pulled it straight up they kept asking if I am a business customer and I am like nope a regular consumer account... Vodafone get worse and worse hope they have not broken my watch now 

@beyre83 wrote:

So I just went on live chat to find out when I could upgrade my phone acccount as can’t get it up on my Vodafone and they were like we can’t find your account, rang 191 they couldn’t find it but transferred me to a customer service person and he just asked for my name and PIN number for the account and pulled it straight up they kept asking if I am a business customer and I am like nope a regular consumer account... Vodafone get worse and worse hope they have not broken my watch now 

I’ve had this problem for the last week or so suddenly out of the blue not sure what’s going on.

i wonder if it's because we have a watch number on our accounts? even

though my main number is primary.... the first person said they would pass me through to customer service

to see if they could find me by address didnt even need that just asked my name and then as i say for my pin to access accounts no worries...... vodafone need to completely rewrite there entrie IT infastructor they have so many diffrent billing systems for accounts & stuff it's total chaos..... if my watch had not worked then i would of sent it back and jumped ship in March when my contract expires but since it is working i am tied to it now

so lets hope when i upgrade it dont screw my watch up.... can upgrade 29th December hopfully they have fixed all the watch problems by then

>I’ve had this problem for the last week or so suddenly out of the blue not sure what’s going on.

Same here. I did find a recent exchange quite amusing though. After a recent frustrating call to CS I filed in one of those quality surveys and gave a big, fat, zero to each question. I then agreed being contacted to discuss why I’d given the marks I did.

Eventually I was called, the converstion went like this

“I’d like to discuss your recent feedback, do you have time?”

”Sure”

”Um, are you still with Vodafone?”

”Yes”

”I can’t find your number on our system”

”I don’t know what to say - I’m still with vodafone”

”Are you a business customer”

”No”

The call then went dead!!!

i can only assume it's todo with the fact we have Apple Watch's on our accounts now and so are on a diffrent system that some people don't have access to????? another error in a catalouge of errors on vodafones behalf