Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

They’ve done all of this backwards! They’ve connected the number up to your number before it’s even been registered! I think anyway! I’m going to call later and go through it step by step with them and tell them how to do it! 

At the risk of repeating myself - ahaha - has anyone managed to get this resolved... ever??

My son did ..he moved provider to EE and got new watch and connected straight away no problems, maybe they should ask the rivals how to do it because they haven’t got a clue 

Good luck with that , I’ve tried telling them things but they won’t listen, my watch couldn’t except data and said contact your provider to have it added to your plan , I told that once to someone on the Vodafone online chat who said it’s because it’s not linked so he linked it for me then after the 24 hr wait instead of it saying no data contact your provider it said you have to many devices on your plan contact your provider to have one taken off , only have phone so contacted Vodafone and told them and they said your Watch needs resetting so I did that and guess what ..back to square one it now says again ..no data contact provider..frustrating not the word 

Suppose one day it’ll get sorted but annoying isn’t it when you know other providers such as EE have no problems with it 

Current number for the watch I just chose it from drop down menu as they said give 

wish that was the problem but I did the correct one ..but thanks 

Join the club ..I have had countless esim swops spent hours on phone to tec , been to store lots of times and even was told to leave it with store once and pick it up later in the day and they said it’s all done but give it 48 hours to connect and 6 weeks later I’m still on phone trying to sort it , never ending 

To hear some of you have had this problem for 4 months is utter utter madness.. has anyone sent their watch back? I’m not paying £600+ (albeit over two years) for essentially a GPS apple watch that I can walk in and buy for £400. 

I did say that to them that I wanted to take the watch back as I’m not paying for something that can’t be fully used and so far they have not charged me for it yet so as long as they don’t charge I’ll try and be patient but it’s really annoying but as you said I would not pay for something they can’t provide 

Ive been into the Vodafone store this morning as I had no service due to a esim swap!!!  Anyway, they said that there is an open order on my account for the Watch so COULD be why its not working!!!  This is SO frustrating - has anyone got a Apple Series 4 watch that works?!?