Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

About sim swap. If anyone got link and new number to do this - just choose “I cannot receive message” and then add this new number (from Watch contract - 5.00£) - don’t add your number because you will lost connection with carrier (and have to wait until tech support will change it). I was on this step one month ago - it changes nothing. Still status: no connection.

you can check that is number active - just call and it works as your main number. 

BTW - why we cannot put pictures on this forum? Could e easier to show messages and screenshots than write about it.

I’m not sure what you mean but my watch has been saying no carrier or sim since had the watch 4 months ago despite 4 sim swop and multiple resets, but being able to add images to explain like you said would be good 

Can you see the attached images - Shows what I see on the Watch & Phone??

@LishMac77 wrote:
Can you see the attached images - Shows what I see on the Watch & Phone??

Unfortunately no images - I don’t know why we cannot upload it here.

On my watch in settings>mobile I have 

Plan: Vodafone UK

in settings>general>about I have:

Network: Not available 

but it the last one changes during the day (for “sim not provisioned”.

I have in watch settings 

carrier not available 

data none 

sim none 

What about general>about>carrier?

I  have Vodafone UK 7.0

Done general tapped about and for carrier it’s says not available, honestly I’ve tried everything possible from esim swops , multiple watch resets , phone resets, countless unpairing and pairing, linked the watch activated it , Vodafone store have had it twice and gone through it with tec team but same as me ..couldn’t do it , I bet when it comes to it it’s something really simple . What next ..who knows we’ll be just have to wait still I suppose 

is it worth us all contacting 'watchdog' or something to try & get this all sorted??

Apparently someone has so we’ll have to wait and see if they act on it 

Yes. I have already done so but it will need more people to before the BBC thinks it’s worth following up. I gave them my experience and a link to this thread