Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

:Laughing_Face: Fire Storm! Yeee

Firestorm is far too good for them

There’s no way out! Probably you and others have a contract for your iPhone for longer than few months so we cannot change provider even if they have a problem with that simple thing, because contract for Watch is different contract than smartphone’s. We can complain and even resign but we have to stay till the end of phone contract.

Exactly ...and I’m only 4 months into my new contract on my  phone 

I’m really hoping to hear good news soon that someone at Vodafone worked out how to get the watch working with mobile data.   I got as far as 26 days into my watch data contract and gave up and cancelled.  Not surprisingly even cancelling didn’t go smoothly but I’m finally back to where I started on 19th Dec.  It’s been a huge waste of my time with hours and hours stuck on phone, chat or in store trying to get help. My watch is Apple series 3 but basically I’ve seen and heard all the same stories on this thread.  Annoyingly as Vodafone is the only carrier in my area that has a decent signal I’m stuck with them for my phone plan but it means I have a watch that I can’t fully use.  I bought it directly from Apple on the anticipation that Vodafone would offer a mobile data connection eventually. Seems I may have to wait a long time if they haven’t worked it out in the 5 months since they launched.  

It’s a real pain isn’t it , maybe they ought to put a spy on EE to see how they did it , I know two people with EE who had no problems at all and got it paired and fully working the same day , 

Maybe there’s an address where tech team is working? In Glasgow or Manchester? I stay in Edinburgh but I can sacrifice one day to go and give them in their hands my iPhone and watch to make it. Really does anyone know their address?

I suspect SOMEONE in Vodafone must know and they did get my watch working a few days before  disconnecting it ....however their problem is one of support. The process to order, provision and then follow up on issues is totally broken 

I did mention that to customer relations on the phone but all I got was as it will be dealt with by higher level , I did once leave my phone and watch with the store as they asked me to in case as they thought i wasn’t doing it right but even the store couldn’t pair it