Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

It appears Vodafone don't know what they're doing. It took two days and four phone calls but I finally got Vodafone to cancel my secondary line (the one setup for the watch). I could attempt another go at signing up but I think I'll wait a few weeks as I'm sick and tired of dealing with this.

@chistery wrote:

@VIMET wrote:

Surprise surprise, this still isn't working plus I haven't had the call back from the support team either.

Interesting that my phone shows the Data Plan as being 'Vodafone UK' but constantly showing 'Waiting' however on my Watch 4 it shows that I have 'No Data Plan'.

Come on Vodafone - sort it out!!

That's the stage I got to, Vodafone took my EID and it started working overnight.

Well Vodafone have had my EID from day 1 (last Saturday) and still it doesn't work.  :Angry_Face:

I was supposed to have a call  back from a guy called 'Khaled' between 10:00 and 11:00 today but that never happened.  :Thumbs_Down:

At least they managed to set up a new 12 month contract for me on the spot without any trouble whatsoever - funny eh? :Hmm_Face:

Oh lovely

rang VF again this morning as it has been radio silence from them for a few days. Tech support seemed to think my line wasn’t compatible even though that was the first thing updated over a week ago. Now the mobile data setup says my line isn’t compatible with one number - my initial problem which was solved.

now they’re saying no no, my number is fine, but my watch line setup isn’t complete even though it shows up on my account and has been there for about a week. Takes 3 days apparently (so what was happening the last 12 days??)

have no faith  this will will get resolved any time soon 

It’s a joke really. It’s been with the customer relations team now since Saturday. Getting calls only to tell me it will be another 24 hours. Wasting my time. No results. 

@ttt0mm wrote:

It’s a joke really. It’s been with the customer relations team now since Saturday. Getting calls only to tell me it will be another 24 hours. Wasting my time. No results. 

That seems to be the stock reply when they haven't got a clue what they are doing - "it'll be activated in 24-48 hours" - this buys them some more time without you hassling them as to why it is not working.

So update don’t know why I should brother apart just to vent clear fully VF don’t care looking at the posts.

After 48 hours big surprise no contact from VF tech team still no data plan for watch. Called 191 normal time wasted waiting to speak to someone go over issue again told put through to tech team 15 mins listing to music gave up. Tried  again in afternoon finally got to talk to tech team nothing had been done please wait another 24 hours!

As I am sure people reading these posts realise  VF are completely unprepared to deal with Apple Watch and more worrying don’t seem to care they are alienating customers.

4397A518-870E-417F-B723-8A28DA07E2EA.jpeg

Got a text saying to unpair my watch and re-pair, and now my watch app says this. This is how it was on day one - like my phone line wasn’t compatible. Except customer services changed my line to *be* compatible. So maybe the watch is now sorted but the phone is broken again

smh

@mrklaw wrote:

4397A518-870E-417F-B723-8A28DA07E2EA.jpeg

Got a text saying to unpair my watch and re-pair, and now my watch app says this. This is how it was on day one - like my phone line wasn’t compatible. Except customer services changed my line to *be* compatible. So maybe the watch is now sorted but the phone is broken again

smh

When you un pair and re pair the watch do you set up as new or restore from a back up?

As a backup. Don’t want to set everything up again from scratch. Shouldn’t make any difference? I already regret clearing all my safari cookies which is what the first 191 call suggested 😛

Just stating the obvious, but if you're not seeing a secondary line on My Vodafone with a number you can ring that gets routed to your mobile then there's no point doing _anything_ on your phone eg pair/unpair repeat.

The secondary line should have been setup within minutes, and at the most a few hours.