Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Don’t waste your time going to a store. I did exactly that after being told to do so by the CS online chat guy and was told at the store to call 191 or use online  chat. 

Idiots leading idiots 

Really idiots 

at least the directors team called me back at exactly the time they said.

how far have you got with the shop the CS and the tech team.

Nowhere 

This [Removed] is entirely on Vodafone they failed to take the EIDs for the watches when they where assigned to a customer l, now causing this [Removed] monumental 

My local stores manager is ringing his RM regarding this,  also due a call from the directors complaints office 

Everyone should email the  CEO

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove nappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Very first call they took the EID and told me 24 hours.  

Last 8 contacts have just said they’ll resend or raise a new case and should be done in 24 hours.  Obviously this did nothing 

Last person I spoke to yesterday said plan hasn’t yet gone live hence not working.  Said another 24 hours and he is call me back Monday.  

It confuses me how some  peoole can see some information that others don’t. 

The training  is obviously  awful 

I’m not very confident to say the least 

I’ve just received my new watch today from Very (cancelled Vodafone order). Setup extremely easy. Asked me if I wanted to set up cellular so I said yes. Then rejected having failed a credit check!!! So I called 191 and went through the process with a very knowledgeable young lady. She asked me for the eid which I had written down and when entered her end all went through apparently. She said it would be £5 per month (first 6 months free). She suggested I turn off WiFi on my phone and that I would receive a txt message when it was active. That was about 1730. Now 2230 and no text. Also waiting and spinning wheel showing on watch app.. she did say it might take up to 24 hours so will be closely monitoring it tomorrow. 

Sadly those 24 hrs never come most of the time until u call again and tell them your story.

Well you have got further than have in 10 days but I feel your journey has not finished yet.

why are VF still selling data plans when it’s obvious they don’t know what they are doing 

good luck 

Well things seem to have got worse. My secondary number has been removed from my account without any input from me, but before this happened they added my EID and then initiated a return. So now my EID is locked with the return order and they don’t know what to do about it. I feel as though my watch will never work now. 

I’ll return the watch and cancel the contract if it’s not fixed by Friday 

good luck

im back to sqaure one with mine and unable to return it