Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Since a sim change my vodafone app is not opening and returning Error code:5602

Tony37_uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since getting a sim changed in my iPhone, I am getting a error every time I open the My Vodafone app, it is returning the following statement "sorry We're having a few technical difficulties etc", also returning Error code 5602.

So far I have tried reinstalling the app and ensuring wifi is turned off

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tony37_uk 

Uninstalling and reinstalling is a good place to start but unless you removed the Application from your icloud Apple account before reinstalling, you would have downloaded the back up copy.

Try going into the Application and clearing cache and data and making sure you are using mobile data for the following log in, as you have mentioned you have already tried.

Hi, I'm having this issue too on Android.

Had a new SIM provided by Vodafone customer service as my data speed had slowed right down.

New SIM didn't work at all (phone wouldn't see it) so I visited my local Voda shop where they gave me a new SIM and did the transfer/activation for me. I left the shop with my phone working but the My Vodafone app no longer works.

I've deleted it, cleared cache, re-installed.....all the usual several times to no avail. 

Phoned Voda CS again who put me on hold for a few mins, and came back and said although my number had transferred to the new SIM it can take 24 hours for the background services to catch up.

They also reset my username and password for My Vodafone altogether (desktop site and app).

I can access my account via the desktop site, but app still not working.

Please see image of screen I've attached.

It says my number is currently not supported by the app, and Error 4131.

Knowing that the app isn't available for business numbers, I'm thinking my account has been changed to business by mistake as part of the SIM swap.

Any ideas Vodafone?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GRANTR22 Have you got the latest phone software installed on your phone? If so, which current My Vodafone app version are you running?

Hello Josh,

I'm aware this thread is within the IOS forum but I have a Galaxy S9 with latest available Android and have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest My Vodafone app dozens of times now. To no avail.

Please see additional screen images. 

Given this happened as soon as the sim was swapped (supplied and activated by my local Voda store) it's like the app is looking for a different sim to the one now installed. 

I have cleared the data from within the app, and updated to the app to a new version, this has resolved the issue

I'd expect that to work too, but I've done it dozens of times now, and no difference. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @GRANTR22 Do you have any problems when trying to login to your My Vodafone account online, rather than through the app? If so can you pop us a screenshot of any error message you receive when doing this and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this and advise any further steps required 😊

Hey Mark, I've no problems logging in on the desktop site. Thank you for asking.

I had no problems at all with the app until the moment my sim was exchanged in my local store, so as a Vodafone representative I'd like to think you'd still be happy to take a look at what's causing the issue 🙂

The symptoms strongly suggest the app is looking at the live sim number in my phone, as a security measure to verify it's the right account. But in my (and others') case, the app is looking for a sim which now no longer exists, hence it won't display my account information.

You invited a screen image of error messages; here's what I still have in the app. The 10 seconds counts down to nothing then nothing else happens, as shown in the second image. It's been a very long 10 seconds since Saturday 10th afternoon (over 388,000 seconds to be more precise!)

There must be something which needs to be done at your end, which will update the app with my current sim number?

Thanks in advance 

Hi @GRANTR22 I do think it will be best for us to look at your account just to make sure there everything looks as it should. If it does we can then raise this to our tech guys, as we can`t access accounts on this forum could you contact us by clicking here and we will be happy to take a closer look 😊