Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texts to short code numbers won’t send

celiar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since swapping to an iPhone 6S I cannot send texts to short code numbers, primarily tv competitions. The Sim was in a previous iPhone and I was able to send them on that phone but since putting it in this phone I cannot.

I have phoned Vodafone many times and been told that all bars have been removed so there seems to be no reason I cannot send them. 

I have read that some people with similar problems have been advised to check through their own phones settings for any message bars but having looked through mine I cannot see any such option.

Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @celiar 

It's strange this problem only started when you changed phones.

If you have spend manager active this will stop you spending over the set limit. I would recommend checking your extras from your online account and application. Also double check your bars, there is a bar for reverse charge  texts.

Spend Manager is turned off. All bars have been removed.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @celiar! As you've advised that this has only happened since switching over the iPhone 6s, this leads me to believe that the phone itself isn't allowing for these to be sent. I accidently blocked these myself in my personal phone (a Samsung) so I've had a look for some things that may help in this case. 

I've had a Google and found your location settings could be preventing these being sent, so to rule this out, please go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services (Enable) > Messages and select ‘While Using the App’. I'd also recommend checking to see if the iPhone 6s needs updating too. To do this, please go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Location services is enabled and the phone is updated to the latest version. Switched off and rebooted. I don’t know what is restricting texts to these numbers. It’s baffling me.

AnnS

Hi @celiar 

This is really puzzling, I wonder if a replacement SIM card may help.  A further thought is that somehow the numbers have accidentally been added to the phone blocking list and it might be worth double checking your blocked message numbers, it amazing just how easy this to to accidentally do.

I have checked the blocked numbers and all is ok there. Yes, it really is puzzling. How easy is it to get a replacement Sim?

AnnS

See below @celiar 

Replacement SIM cards 

I did ask when I phoned Vodafone last and they said I didn’t need a new one. I would have to tell porkies I suppose and say it’s lost.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

How odd @celiar - How many short number texts have you tried? Do the texts message just not deliver or do you receive an error message? Please attach a screenshot of any errors 📷

Also, if you would like us to double check over your account for any bars that might be in place, drop us a message on social media. You'll be greeted by our BOT, select 'Get Started' then 'Asked to DM'. Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread to save you repeating yourself.