Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble with 14.8

Mk_Mika
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

With the last update my iPhone XS disconnects from WiFi, I can't even watch a video online 'couse it obviously freeze, I tried the chatspin classics, forget the net etc. . Are you having the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mk_Mika 

Apple and their iOS is untouched by Vodafone so I would suggest to take a look on the official Apple Forum to see if others are having Wi-Fi issues after the most recent update. 

I did see that some had Wi-Fi issues with one of the earlier iOS 14 updates,  but not so much with the newest release.

Here are some generic troubleshooting tips.

Switch off Wi-Fi Assist Reset Network Settings Alter iOS Default DNS to Google DNS or Open DNS

Sometimes, the problems leading to Wi-Fi not working on your iPhone or iPad on iOS 14, such as low speed, weak signals or network dropping, are due to problematic DNS servers from your ISPs. So, you may want to switch to Google DNS or Open DNS to fix the issue. To do so;

• Go to Settings and choose Wi-Fi
  • Hit the blue “i” that is next to the name of your network
  • Go to DNS and take note of the current DNS numbers then delete them
  • Now, enter "8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4" for Google’s DNS or "208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220" for Open DNS.

Restore iPhone/iPad

ios-14/fix-iphone-ipad-wifi-connection-problem. 

iphone-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi. 

An Apple Store Genius Bar would be able to look at your iPhone and or start a Live with Apple to see if they can help remotely.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Mk_Mika 

Apple and their iOS is untouched by Vodafone so I would suggest to take a look on the official Apple Forum to see if others are having Wi-Fi issues after the most recent update. 

I did see that some had Wi-Fi issues with one of the earlier iOS 14 updates,  but not so much with the newest release.

Here are some generic troubleshooting tips.

Switch off Wi-Fi Assist Reset Network Settings Alter iOS Default DNS to Google DNS or Open DNS

Sometimes, the problems leading to Wi-Fi not working on your iPhone or iPad on iOS 14, such as low speed, weak signals or network dropping, are due to problematic DNS servers from your ISPs. So, you may want to switch to Google DNS or Open DNS to fix the issue. To do so;

• Go to Settings and choose Wi-Fi
  • Hit the blue “i” that is next to the name of your network
  • Go to DNS and take note of the current DNS numbers then delete them
  • Now, enter "8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4" for Google’s DNS or "208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220" for Open DNS.

Restore iPhone/iPad

ios-14/fix-iphone-ipad-wifi-connection-problem. 

iphone-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi. 

An Apple Store Genius Bar would be able to look at your iPhone and or start a Live with Apple to see if they can help remotely.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the suggestion.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Mk_Mika  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >