Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail Update?

Mobilemandan
4: Newbie

Anyone heard any news on visual voicemail rollout as I know its been mentioned for a while and there is even instructions on setup online

62 REPLIES 62

I have two lines with Vodafone, one I received the SMS for to say that it was now available and the other I did not. I contacted Vodafone Customer Support today to ask if and when it would be enabled and was fobbed off and told I will receive a message when it is ready. 

The chat got cut off and I was put through to another agent who looked at the chat history and told me that she would run some diagnostics and see what she could do. Took a fair amount of time, the advisor disabled VM completely and then added it back on. After that she advised to follow the process to getting activated which worked. 

Obviously depends who you get hold of and how well informed they are but you can get VVM if you persevere.

Followed instructions from the moderator, spoke with the 1st advisor, who reset my standard voice mail before realising it was the visual voicemail. Transfered me to the technical team, who did something in the background and asked me to wait 24 hours. 

Still not working.

Jack,

Message from your technical team "Kraven, I would like you inform you that when your account is eligible for this visual voicemail service you receive the text for the same proactively by the team and the you will be able to use these services"

I think you need to speak to your teams to clarify what the exact message on Visual Voicemail is, as your team yesterday said they would fix it within 24 hours, your team today are saying it not released.

garetc
12: Established

From Vodafone’s Twitter

Hey Garet 👋 Thanks for your patience. Visual Voicemail is a feature which is still at the early stages and this should be available on all our Pay Monthly customer accounts within this month. For more information around how to enable this, please head over to: https://vodafone.uk/2IV9iO1

If you receive any message or notifications this isn't available yet - this means the service is still being rolled out on our customer account features.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Just out of morbid curiosity I sent STATE to 100121 and called 12151 but got the unavailable message. As long as there is an opt-out when it lands on my account I’m not fussed as I don’t require it.

Assuming nothing would happen, I also sent the STATE message and text zipped back immediately to say that VV had been activated on my account.  It's a basic VV service with no bells and whistles but it's perfectly useable and fine for average day-to-day use. 

Updated at last!

A few friends have been enabled as well, so it seems Vodafone is finally rolling out in volume.

garethr

Mine got enabled Friday - about five minutes after I switched to an eSIM in my new phone....

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Finally working for me since moving over to an iPhone 12 Pro Max on Friday.

I sent the request for it about two months ago. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Yeah, I’m not a believer in coincidences so would strongly suspect that moving contracts or SIMs (in my case) will have been what kicked off the provision on accounts that couldn’t previously get access.