main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

iOS

eSIM QR Code emails not being received

Highlighted
2: Seeker

My understanding of the eSIM process, based off the information on the website

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim/activate-my-esim

"We’ll email you a QR code to help you activate your eSIM. Make sure you’re connected Wi-Fi, so you can receive emails. If you have a physical SIM it will stop working once your eSIM profile is generated."

My understanding :

1. Process can take up to 24hours to commence
2. eSIM profile is generated
3. Existing SIM is disabled (done within 15min)
4. QR code for eSIM mailed to user
5. eSIM activated on phone
6. eSIM transfer complete

I am stuck at step 4, with my phone now disconnected for 23 hours and the QR code not received.

Anyone else have anything like these issues ?

View more options
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Yep. Exactly the same. 30hrs+ and no code. 

useless bunch here. 

View more options
Highlighted

So we are 48hr into this “swap”, with my 5th call to customer service. Absolute joke. There is no accountability or ownership of my issue. 

ive asked it to be raised to next level escalation. It’s being met with resistance. 

how can this big multinational telecoms company make such glaring error and not even take responsibility. 

30 mins on hold and now cut off. 

View more options
Highlighted

Exactly the same, although i'm going through the webchat.

Had them on for 2.5hrs yesterday.

Big tip, they can't disconnect the chat on you, so as long as you're talking, they can't leave.

View more options
Highlighted

Any joy ?

View more options
Highlighted

Just got my confirmation email with the QR code, but it doesn't work as the Activation code is missing!!

Apple users – You can manually enter the address details below to download your eSIM
SM-DP+ Address: vuk-gto.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com
Activation Code: Not_Set

Joy.......

View more options
Highlighted

Yes.  QR code sent at 12.02 today.  but it is an invalid code.  There is no user information embedded into the code. 

Its absolute garbage!

Apple users – You can manually enter the address details below to download your eSIM
Activation Code: Not_Set

The activation code should have with user info!

View more options
Highlighted

Kraven - SNAP!

View more options
Highlighted

I have actually compared the pdf to one that i had done earlier - without any problems.  there is an activation code present:

Activation Code: Q0xxxxxxxxxxxUVV

View more options
Highlighted

Fixed.

Not sure if this is all they did, once the wrong QR code had been sent, they asked me to restart the eSIM swap process and the QR code came via email within 5 minutes.

View more options
Highlighted

Let me try the same process again. 

View more options
Highlighted

Well... that worked. Thanks for the heads up. 

this is how the process SHOULD work. 

View more options
Highlighted

I had the same issue, the activation code was "Not_Set 

I presume that was the error!  I may try again but worried the downtime will be the same! 

View more options
Highlighted

@gs1982

The process was so quick second time around. Within 15 mins i was back active!

For me - my main SIM had been cut off on the Thursday and didn't go active until Sunday.  Clearly there was a technical hitch and it has been resolved.  I suppose we needed to be the 'guinea pigs' to resolve these teething problems!

I hope that it works well for everyone else!

View more options
Highlighted

Well, I've tried it again this morning, so fingers crossed! 

Text and email confirmation the sim swap is in process, and my physical sim has been deactivated!  I'll keep everyone posted. 

View more options
Highlighted

wow!  All done within minutes, much easier this time, looks they've sorted their issues out! 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I am still having the issue with no QR code email. Had no service for 5 days now and requesting the sim swap again doesn’t work. So it’s not been sorted 😕 And the people on web chat can’t help me.

View more options
Highlighted

I'd request a physical sim to be sent to you, or go to a Vodafone store and they'll give you one there and then. 

When I requested the esim the second time around, it worked a dream.  

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I would definitely do that but I’m out of the country for 3 weeks (hence the reason why I wanted to switch) so they need to either resolve the eSIM email issue or reactivate my old sim. Reached out to the support team on Facebook this morning. 

View more options
Highlighted

Good luck! 

View more options