Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSIM QR Code emails not being received

Kraven
4: Newbie

My understanding of the eSIM process, based off the information on the website

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim/activate-my-esim

"We’ll email you a QR code to help you activate your eSIM. Make sure you’re connected Wi-Fi, so you can receive emails. If you have a physical SIM it will stop working once your eSIM profile is generated."

My understanding :

1. Process can take up to 24hours to commence
2. eSIM profile is generated
3. Existing SIM is disabled (done within 15min)
4. QR code for eSIM mailed to user
5. eSIM activated on phone
6. eSIM transfer complete

I am stuck at step 4, with my phone now disconnected for 23 hours and the QR code not received.

Anyone else have anything like these issues ?

32 REPLIES 32

mtailor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yep. Exactly the same. 30hrs+ and no code. 

useless bunch here. 

So we are 48hr into this “swap”, with my 5th call to customer service. Absolute joke. There is no accountability or ownership of my issue. 

ive asked it to be raised to next level escalation. It’s being met with resistance. 

how can this big multinational telecoms company make such glaring error and not even take responsibility. 

30 mins on hold and now cut off. 

Exactly the same, although i'm going through the webchat.

Had them on for 2.5hrs yesterday.

Big tip, they can't disconnect the chat on you, so as long as you're talking, they can't leave.

Any joy ?

Just got my confirmation email with the QR code, but it doesn't work as the Activation code is missing!!

Apple users – You can manually enter the address details below to download your eSIM
SM-DP+ Address: vuk-gto.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com
Activation Code: Not_Set

Joy.......

Yes.  QR code sent at 12.02 today.  but it is an invalid code.  There is no user information embedded into the code. 

Its absolute garbage!

Apple users – You can manually enter the address details below to download your eSIM
Activation Code: Not_Set

The activation code should have with user info!

Kraven - SNAP!

I have actually compared the pdf to one that i had done earlier - without any problems.  there is an activation code present:

Activation Code: Q0xxxxxxxxxxxUVV

Fixed.

Not sure if this is all they did, once the wrong QR code had been sent, they asked me to restart the eSIM swap process and the QR code came via email within 5 minutes.