Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim and Visual Voicemail News?

Mobilemandan
4: Newbie

Any news on either of these?

Sorry to say I think it's been really poor a large company like Vodafone still has no eSim for phone support yet sells the watch with eSim, and Visual Voicemail has been coming for over a year now.

Considering O2 of all networks have both of this, they even have Visual Voicemail on Pixel phones with Android.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
47 REPLIES 47

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mobilemandan 

Still no further new on the eSim from this previous thread: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Esim/td-p/2643467It's the same for visual voicemail.  

Totally agree Vodafone are behind the other network introducing the features to customers.

Vodafone will not have either of those two things if it does not have it by now. I mean Visual Voicemail? Is it not like 2008 feature?

Unfortunatly, if it was not for the best roaming (I mean really, nobody comes close coverage and price wise) I'd be gone a long time ago.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

I'd be inclined to agree with your voicemail point. But that's probably as a user who doesn't have it activated. Not anywhere near the top of my list.

As for eSim though, I would say the opposite. I think all networks must be on the journey to introduction as it allows the manufacturers to save space which allows them to make phones smaller / thinner etc. Also it helps with the whole making phones fully waterproof. Easier without a sim drawer. 

I think in a few years from now eSim will be the norm. After all, the sim itself has just got smaller and smaller during its lifetime. This is the logical next step. 

All they need to do is ensure you have the option to rebuild your profile on demand. I read from others that if you delete by accident, you're a little snookered. 

I find the lack of clarity annoying though. A year ago they claimed visual voicemail had launched, then that it was launching in August 12 2019, then that it has been enabled for testing and it would be soon. It’s almost July 2020 and nothing, the support page is gone (although there’s another one with almost no info) and their Twitter team keeps saying “it’s coming, it’s coming”. 
Vodafone is ##~## at managing expectations and that creates frustration. At this pace we’ll find the vaccine for Covid before Vodafone works out visual voicemail. It’s ridiculous 

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I share the e-sim frustration.

I currently use an iPhone XS Max and have an EE e-sim and a Vodafone nano-sim in it. I’m moving my EE number over to the Vodafone sim on Tuesday so then I’d have loved to move the Vodafone line to an e-sim so I could then put my work sim in the phone (EE Corporate) and then only have to carry one phone around. Hopefully it’s a case of sooner rather than later.... as for Visual Voicemail... meh. Voicemail is voicemail to me. Don’t care how it’s delivered....

Any update on this ? is one year late... for launch..  Also I noticed calls on other devices without wifi has shown up in my iOS settings, but will not allow it to be checked yet. 

donnyguy

Hopefully that's a sign things are coming. 

I did ask recently on Twitter and was told "Fingers crossed it won't be too long! Keep a look out"

So am doing exactly that,

Got two colleagues who jumped ship to EE this week so they could take advantage of e-Sim allowing them to use their other sim slot for the work sim. 

I'm resisting the temptation until the new iPhones launch in the next month or so. Hoping that's when Vodafone are going to do the big reveal.

I have heard from a contact in Vodafone that end of this month eSim will be released 

And apparently will be available in the My Vodafone app so you can switch without needing to visit a store, just select the SIM swap and it will swap to the eSim profile

Spoke with customer services on Friday to ask the question and was told it's coming 'very' soon.

Keep an eye on the website, esim VM and calling on other devices.