Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No SMS messages being received after porting number from 3 network to vodafone

bonbonizer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently ported my number from 3 network on to Vodafone pay monthly contract, I am getting phone calls find however I am not recieving any SMS text - The only ones I recieved are from Vodafone. 

Anyone had the same issue ? how can I get this fixed ? 

I have not contacted customer service just yet but after reading the horror stories of customer service regarding to similar issues like this thought best to post the issue on here first.

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @bonbonizer

How recently did you port to Vodafone i.e when was your port in activation date ?

If it's a few days after that date then you could have a Split Port where not all the files have properly finalised. 

If this is the case then please do use Customer Services on 191 and or Live Chat to ask them to escalate this to the dedicated Porting Teams to get this resolved. 

Do please Take into account you only hear of the not so good experiences on a forum because people sometimes join and post more predominantly to vent , and not so much of all the success from the Support Teams.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response, it's over 5 days so still no sms, calls are coming through fine. I will contact 191 as advised. Thank you

After going round in circles a few times and being asked to do stuff on the Iphone which clearly was pointless I have managed to escalate to the the porting team who have now advised it will take 5 days, hopefully that is the case which means in total took 10 days - if anyone else suffers from Split port issue where you are getting calls but no sms coming through when you call 191 tell them you have tried everything as everytime you call each agent wants to repeat the same stuff for example they will make you select O2 network instead of Vodafone then the will make you select Vodafone again etc Then they will ask you to reset the iphone by holding the home and power button etc the usual stuff which an Iphone user does at the first instant they have an issue. until you get this escalated to porting team your not really getting anywhere. will update once my issue is sorted hopefuly this helps someone else who might face similar issue as me.

Hello All, 

Last time I joined vodafone in 2017 same issue after 40 days I cancelled my contract with Vodafone and went back to 3 however lost my 5 year loyalty discount with 3 network due to this. and guess what I have joined Vodafone now in 2020 I have the same number and guess what same issue porting is completed but I am not receiving SMS everything else is fine now I am being made to do the rounds lol. As I have already been through this I am not going to wait and use all portals and ways to get in touch and have this sorted I will be damned if I have to go back to 3 and loose my loyalty discount again because of Vodafone. 

I will update this if the issue gets resolved in the next three days if it does not then I will update with the details of the fun I have had. 

Almost coming to an end of my 28 days cooling off period I am still not able to recieve text messages only get the ones from Vodafone network which the Vodafone guys sent me the automated stuff no other stuff I get I am able to send sms but still cannot get them I have been taken round the world asked to do silly stuff on the phone again and again and then they say we have escalated it again to some where in space and say we will contact you once the issue is fixed I wait but no one calls back then I give an extra day call back and explain I have an issue already raised want an update - then they say issue is fixed please try again I say no its not working then I am told to repeat the same crapy disconnect from vodafone then reconnect to another network then d\c and connect to vodafone etc. Turn off phone - reset phone but no joy. 

I am tempted to just cancel my contract with Vodafone now I wont be able to get the good deal I was on with Three network as I had a special loyalty discount. 

I am going to wait 24 hours and if I dont get no joy its time to cancel cause I cannot be asked with all the hasel I have had to go to get this sorted after raising an issue I expect updates and an ETA to when I should expect this to be fixed so I can just get on with what I need to do in my day instead of waiting for Vodaphone and chase them and wait for their calls.

I think I am just going to cancel cause even that means I have to go down to a store to hand the phone back and all sorts.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bonbonizer - I’m really disappointed to hear how long this has been ongoing for and the experience you’re having.

We want to help to get this resolved and we can take ownership for you. So we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

If you post back once you’ve done this. We can then trace your email.

@gemma, 

Thank you for your message, I have filled out the form and sent it off as requested. Waiting to hear from you some good news. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know @bonbonizer :smileyhappy:

So we can check on the progress of your email for you, please let us know the reference number you received in the automated email response (this will look similar to #12345678).

Hi I m not able to receive any text from non vodaphone numbers after Ported from Giffgaff