Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alcatel 3L not sending texts

FT87
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a new Alcatel 3L phone today. It's Pay as you Go. It's all set up and I can make and receive calls on it. It's connected to the internet. I can receive texts on it. But it refuses to send texts. I've taken the SIM card out and put it back in, and uninstalled and reinstalled Messenger. Still no solution. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @FT87 

You need to make sure you have the correct text messaging centre number on the phone.  The number is +447785016005

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Do you get any error messages @FT87 

Have you looked at all the settings in the text messages app.

Sometimes downloading another texting app can help.

I assume you have a text allowance to send texts and your sending normal texts which are 180 characters maximum and you have not added photo's or pictures.

Try clearing the cookies , cache etc of your text app and then soft reboot by turning your phone Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @FT87 

You need to make sure you have the correct text messaging centre number on the phone.  The number is +447785016005

Thanks AnnS,

where would I insert that number? I've found the advanced settings for Messages and originally "Phone number" was None, and Custom SMSC was "None". Do I need to insert the number you gave me into one of those?

Hi AnnS,

It worked! I put the number into SMSC and I can now send texts. Thank you.

BandOfBrothers

Have a look at the deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/alcatel/ 

Your exact model isn't present but looking at the others may help guide you @FT87 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you BandOfBrothers, I'd tried that route but not got to a solution. The Community has solved the issue for me.

AnnS

Hi @FT87 

This will be in your message settings.  If you are using Android, three dots at the top, settings, more settings, Text messages, scroll down to message centre and make sure the correct number is showing.

@FT87 

So glad this worked for you.