Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android mobile with Vodafone SIM and landline number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to help some elderly and infirm neighbours with mobile/broadband/landline connectivity. They have BT Broadband and 2 mobile phones. One of the mobiles (which had got into safe mode for some reason) reports a Vodafone SIM, but with a landline number (from mobile settings). I have never seen this before. They seem convinced they don't pay for any credit with Vodafone, but say the mobile connects via their BT system. At present it is not possible to make calls out on this mobile. It will receive calls but they have to be dialled using a mobile number (the original Vodafone number?). I really don't understand how they can have been set up before. Can anyone explain if and how it can be setup as they think it was previously? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't a service I'm familiar with @Anonymous. I wonder if the couple have been getting their landline calls diverted to the mobile, with out going calls on the mobile blocked? Does the phone have a SIM in it and are you able to pop this into another handset, or dial *#100# on the phone to see what number it's registered to? To take a closer look into this and see f this numbers connected to a Vodafone account, we'd need either yourself (with the account holders permission), or the account holder to reach out to us via calling 03333 040 191 from any UK number, or via our Live Chat team.

It is possible to use an Android mobile device with a Vodafone SIM card and a landline number. However, there are some considerations to keep in mind

Vodafone SIM card: To use a Vodafone SIM card on your Android mobile device, you will need to ensure that the device is unlocked and compatible with Vodafone's network. You may need to contact Vodafone or the device manufacturer for more information.

Landline number: To use your landline number on your Android mobile device, you can either port the number to your mobile carrier or use a service like Google Voice or Skype to forward calls to your mobile device. However, keep in mind that there may be additional costs associated with these services.

Dual-SIM capabilities: Some Android mobile devices have dual-SIM capabilities, which would allow you to use both your Vodafone SIM card and your landline number on the same device. However, not all devices support this feature, so you will need to check the specifications of your device to determine if it is possible.

https://pokemontypecalculator.com/

Overall, it is possible to use an Android mobile device with a Vodafone SIM card and a landline number, but there may be some technical considerations and additional costs involved.