Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei p20 android 10 update

Ryankyle1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Now that Huawei have released the android 10 updates from the p20, when should Vodafone customers see this update dropping on our devices? 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

On a personal note > My preference is to buy phones direct from the manufacturer because then I get the updates direct from them and untouched by the Network @Ryankyle1 

With branded phones i.e phones supplied directly by Vodafone as part of a contract or Payg the Network test's the new firmware first before allowing it to be released. 

Vodafone don't advise when it is sent out so it's a case of periodically checking the phones software update section.

More information in Firmware-Explained. 

A similar thread with some tips in 》Android/Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-Emui-10. 

"However, as soon as I checked it using the HiCare App using Mobile Data and not WiFi, it suddenly appeared as available! A little too much of a coincidence, I think. Have you tried checking the Firmware that way?"

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, i'm waiting for such too.

Especially as Huawei have been advisng of this on several occasions since the autumn, and Andoid 11 is about to appear.

And better hope Vodafone get their act together, as their is very little if any provider interaction into the software nowadays, not likle a few years back when they meddled too far into everything!

Rgds Simon

[Samung S8 & Vodafone V8 (business)]