main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

Ifitness Scam

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hello.  I am a Samsung user and have been scammed by Ifitness.  I never signed up to them, they have been taking £3 a week from my bill since 03/04/2017.  On 18th April I asked Vodafone to cancel this as I had no APP or agreement with Ifitness, to which they said they had done, but havent!!!  I have asked for my money back and they are refusing to refund.  I have text back STOP every month too but still being charged.  Vodafone have referred me to an O2 Forum for advice (???)  and a link which confirms its a scam linked to google play pedometer.   Does anyone know how I go about complaining and getting my money back.  I am livid with the performance of Vodafone.  I have been a Customer for over 10 years !!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2: Seeker

http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm      Contact these and you can check if your number is registered and cancel it

View more options
50 REPLIES
13: Advanced Member

Have a try via the play store.there is an option to report those kinda things it might take a little detailed searching but it is there as I used it myself and actually got to speak to a real live person I think!

Try scrolling to the bottom 

Sorry if you've already tried this option.

View more options

thank you

View more options
17: Community Champion

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

View more options

I literally blew my lid at a Customer Services Manager today and she has esculated everything now to an internal complaint.  She has given me an email address to contact to try and refund my money.

Personally, I find this an insult.  They should have stopped the charges in April when we had the discussion, knowing its a scam !!  Instead they have left me paying and now I have to claim a refund else where

Not happy in the slightest !

hrym wrote:

Never EVER reply to an unsolicited text, even if it's charging you money.  It's unlikely to work and, if they're just sending SMS out to random numbers, all you're doing is confirming that yours is live.  In a worst case, you migth even trigger the charge itself.

I'm susprised that Vodafone were unable to stop the charges and they they're refusing a refund.   Hang on for the forum team here - they'll be able to investigate further.

View more options

Do remember that Vodafone aren't responsible for the scam, although, from what you say, it does sound as though there was a failure to at least stop the charges when you initially reported it.   There's a regulator for the premium text industry: PhonepayPlus.  People have reported varied success with it and I doubt it can do much if the originator is outside the UK, but it's worth a try,

View more options

@craig-74 Please keep us updated with this.

Should you need any further assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

View more options
1: Seeker

This is happening to me. Every Friday at the same time £3 a time. How can I stop it Vodafone?  

View more options

Vodafone won't stop it - you'll have to take action yourself. This type of scam affects all networks. I suggest you start by looking at this website

http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

The manager I spoke with ha

hrym wrote:

s opened an internal investigation into the failure and my complaint.

hrym wrote:

View more options

I have removed all premium services from my numbers for the time being to try and stop the charge.  The email address Vodafone gave me has replied with, its not us you need to contact try 'fitness at bounce.mobi' they havent replied yet at all

View more options

If a "service" is a scam, contacting them is pretty much pointless - and all you may be doing is giving them your (confirmed valid) email address so that they can scam you even further - and sell the address on.   Only reputable services will interact with you in any useful way, and they won't have signed you up without your knowledge in the first place.

You can block premium texts in your Vodafone account settings, although this can mess up paying for parking, if you use that facility.   I think there are separate switches for incoming and ougtoing, so the options are quite granular.

View more options

You need to call PM connect services (through which ifitness operates) at 03333217014. They will stop the subscription and refund the money you've paid (up to 10 weeks worth) via the post office. It's a total scam & they know it. You would have received a msg saying you're a member of ifitness & will be charged £3/week unless u text stop to a number. Most people naturally ignore the msg. I've just spent the last few hours trying to get to the bottom of why my mother's phone bills have been excessive for the last 7 months! I

View more options

Thank you, will try that next.  I have replied with STOP each month but the charges have continued.  Total scam

View more options

O2 confirmed its a scam linked to the Pedometer on Andriod.  I have removed all premium services on both my numbers for the time being until I can get some sort of response in relation to a full refund from either Vodafone on (18/4/17) or Ifitness from when they started taking funds.

View more options

Cancel all premium services on your number.  That is the only option Vodafone have given me, BUT make sure you keep a copy of the written CHAT script of them saying they will do it because when they dont bother then you have a case for a refund back to the date you asked for it.  Dont trust them to keep the CHAT because it 'disappears'

View more options

craig-74 wrote:

Thank you, will try that next.  I have replied with STOP each month but the charges have continued.  Total scam

A scam service won't respond to a STOP reply.  You may need to get on to the regulator.

View more options

Just contacted vodaphone after checking my account on the my vodaphone app, been charged an extra £12 as extras on this months bill and £3 on last months bill, I never incur extra charges so contacted them to be told that I was being charged by ifitness which I have never signed up for, vodaphone say I have to go through phone pay plus which is a regulatory board for premium rate phone numbers, unfortunately I dont have any emails or texts regarding this ifitness company. Vodaphone said it nothing to do with them but would put a bar on any further debits from them, not impressed. Apparently o2 customers have been refunded, im very happy for them!!!!!

View more options

To see about a refund, use the link to PSauthority in Jeffkinn's post above.   It's the new name for PhonepayPlus, the regulator.

View more options

Just completed form online.  Fingers crossed

View more options