Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Yep same here, 6hrs on with Vodafone yesterday. Support was shocking, will put me off using Vodafone again. 'Do a factory reset' I have didn't work, not our problem... I even got told to buy another phone and put SIM in that haha

Live chat with technical:

The case has been already escalated to the team and they are in touch with manufacturers to check the issue and get it resolved as soon as possible. We have not been provided the exact time, But it should be up and running soon, most probably in next few hours. We can assure its definitely software issue for MI9 handset as checked with team.

I've got somebody called Ross from their social media team in Facebook chatting to me. He asked me to try another handset but I don't have one to hand so I've referred him to this chat. Apparently VF have taken it up with Xiaomi.

They have just asked me to confirm the 4 digit code sent via text message 🙄

There's also chats on the Xiaomi forum about this issue and vonefone. Never know may be fixed before end of lockdown.. and don't need phones so much 😕 haha

Yeah i'm also having same issues with the sim hopefully it gets resolved 

Someone have been talking to Vodafone, who in turn have been on to Xiaomi. It suggests Xiaomi will sort a fix and push out to devices. They asked about time frame, but obviously nothing more than an estimated 2 weeks 😮 hope it's better than that 

Same problem here, I had to end my delivery just an hour in the 4 hours delivery and had to return all items back to the depot. Imagine the impact on my file with Amazon. Just can't even go further, so ##~##!!!

Good work mate. This sort of problem is beyond the ability of normal tech support agents. Ideally we need a few more customers on here.

The exact issue and process I'm having.

Vodafone are unable to help and have simply offered to send a bag to take my phone away and fix it - doesn't help me when I need it for work! It is clearly a software issue which is dangerous because if you are out or warranty vodafone will wash their hands of it.