Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Yes, we should, in my opinion at least get 5 days cost of contact back, for this of us on Pay Monthly. Then there is the cost of business interruption for those who use their phone for work, etc..

Also it's a bit early to mark this as solved as it isn't yet but Natasha has kindly given us an update. But it's not fixed. 

How can this be marked as resolved, this has not been fixed and may not be for days to come yet.

All i can say that Vodafone & Xaiomi = shambles. 

I don't know who has marked this as solved but if someone can remove this as it is not the case. It will only encourage Vodafone and Xiaomi to drag their feet further. I am pleased to see an actual moderator from Vodafone take some initiative and provide a genuine update but that's all it is, an update, not a solution. 

Having to use my home WiFi to read all the messages this really is an utter farce not one person either in Vodafone or Xiaomi are taking this seriously just verbal ping pong back an forth and paying us lip  service all we want is an answer and also some sort of recompense for the downtime that we have to endure without a phone some of us require our phones for work really has put me of Xiaomi brand 

I too have complained to the CEO but apparently I only rate a call within the next 24 hours!

How can ( if you check for updates) version 11 is still saying 'stable' 

And still nothing from Vodafone. Surely if this can't be sorted with Xiaomi after three days. The phone should be replaced? 

How long without a working phone/SIM do they expect us to wait. 

Just had a another long conversation with a lady in CEO's office , she said she has only received one other complaint besides mine . I asked what is happening if not fixed by Monday , as I cannot wait indefinitely for a fix , she said they will address that Monday and email me ..

She also said don't bother doing what tech say say it is a software fault and they don't know how to fix it ..

Just had an "Aloo" call - he said he was a Case Manager outside of the normal support team structure who was working on this issue.  He called in response to a support claim I lodged yesterday through the website.

He seemed to know about the threads here and on the Xiaomi site, although he didn't seem to know the detail.  He wanted me to try entering a code (##65 something something) but following Natasha's advice I was very reluctant to do so.  When I pressed him on whether this had actually worked for anyone with this specific problem in the last 3 days he was very unclear and in the end actually recommended I not attempt that process.

He promised to call me back within 2 days if the solution was not fixed and although he refused to give me a contact number, he said he could be reached through the support number.  Not sure how many Aloos there are at Vodafone...

He did say they he could authorise a one month line rental refund as compensation which I described as "a good start".

Overall it was helpful that someone is being a little proactive and he did seem to be a knowledgable chap who was keen to assist but its obv very frustrating (for him as well) that its not something that can be fixed.

Hope this helps everyone

Hi all

Just had a follow on call from the Voda Directors Office.  They have confirmed that this IS being worked on between the relevant Voda dept with Xaiomi. A software fix / update will be released ASAP. 

These things do take time people, there is no magic button despite how frustrating it is. 

I'll be receiving an update by Monday if this hasn't been resolved before. 

But be assured its being taken very seriously.  They need to take future updates into account too. 

I've also been assured that goodwill gestures will be granted once the problem is resolved. 

Hang in there everyone! 

Hey everyone same problem withy phone. This is what Vodafone suggested I do. Has anyone done this ?

Screenshot_2020-05-13-19-45-59-128_com.android.chrome.jpg