Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Reset APN has now worked. I'll give it a try today. If Xiaomi SIM registration thing pops up again your stuffed. 

Ok , so I took sim out ,, can update again , and it didn't work so I backed everything up and factory reset .. it all seems to be working now . But  the ball ache is even though I backed it all up ,I have lost everything , 

Any sign or word of a second patch / fix being released?

Yes, at around 10 pm last night. It worked for me but I also needed to reset APN to make it stable.  Lots of people are still having problems, some needing to factory reset again. Good luck. 

Have raised the issue with Xiaomi again, and am in conversation with an engineer. Fingers crossed he sends me a patch that will sort it out. Have tried everything possible and still no luck!

So set of this morning with new motivation (following update yester to 10.0.4.0 and I'm working. Four factory resets later but here's what worked for me. 1) backup 2) remove sim 3) factory reset 4) only put the sim back in when it asks for it 5) allow it to restore from backups 6) toward the end of setup DO NOT allow Xiaomi to send for SMS hit deny 7) complete reset 😎 check APN settings have auto installed (mine did) 9) DO NOT then install any new APN setting messages from Vodafone.  All done :Smiling: I guess a conflict in Xiaomi and Vodafone APN stuff? Anyway good luck 

So, like all of you folks, I installed the update on Saturday when it arrived, and experienced exactly the same issues.

Couldn't see/activate SIM, yet could receive text/calls but no data.  Network settings all greyed out.

Ended up doing a full factory reset.  Same problem, but now I can't even receive the calls or texts and still no data.

Spoke several times with Vodafone customer tech help via chat, told the same stuff about it being a few hours etc etc.

Using an old PAYG GiffGaff SIM (with no credit) recognises the SIM, gets bars for signal etc.

Doing the *#*#66.... test code thing to get to the Xiaomi hardware test shows that there's no SIM with the Vodafone SIM installed but that there is a SIM with the GiffGaff SIM installed.  

Vodafone SIM works fine in any other phone.  My wife's Vodafone SIM also doesn't work when put in my Mi 9.

So, after not having any luck on the various Xiaomi forums I found this one a few days ago and have kept an eye on it.  I was somewhat hopeful when I saw the various posts about the new patch, but less so when it seems that it doesn't work for most people, unless they try the factory reset option.

Still, I figured I should at least try it, so I went to the update checker and found that my phone has no available updates.  I'm still stuck on 11.0.1.

Thanks Vodafone.  My phone is still pretty much useless, and no offer of help.

Well, Mr Xiaomi man just told me that "higher management" has said 11.5 will be out by the end of the weekend.

They weren't wrong about the previous patch coming out, it just didn't work so fingers crossed.......

The same thing happened to me.  Last night, I installed the update to fix the problem.  All it did was to take the sim X icon off the notification bar.  Nothing works.  No calls, text or internet.  I've been on chat this them this morning, and they say they're sorting the problem within 48 hours.  I won't hold my breath.

I am having the same problem will the "patch" be sent to everyone or do I have to report the problem to receive it?