Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

I did the factory reset after the new 11.0.4.0 and it solved the problem, back up and running again! Yes it's a ball ache to begin with backing everything up but if you do it throughly it was quite easy in the end, all my apps downloaded automatically and in a way it's like having a new phone again! Just a few tweaks here and there and signing into everything again, if you're having doubts, do the factory reset! Hope everyone who's still got problems gets them sorted quickly! 

Bizarrely, I'm now concerned why mine update worked without a factory reset. Everyone else seemed to need to do one. Am I missing something - everything seems to be working. This whole thing is making me paranoid.

Also, when another update turns up for those who still need it, what would happen if us lucky ones ran the new update? I shall be afraid of updates forever now but we will still need them at some time. 

So that worked.  Thanks to Digger-9 for the step by step notes - very helpful.  Trying hard to convince myself that I made some smarter choices when setting up this time which will make my life easier in the future, but I think that's just me trying to dredge some positivity from this whole debacle.

Will now spend the afternoon getting everything back how it was.  Most amusing was the text that "Andy from the CEO's office" sent saying he was "reviewing my complaint".  He obviously wasn't reviewing it that closely as I couldn't receive texts...

Now to compensation...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, I'm sorry for any confusion caused in my last post and it's good to see resetting your network settings has restored things for a couple of you. 

To those that have tried a factory reset, thanks so much for keeping us up to date on the thread here with how this has resolved things for you. I appreciate this would have been a last resort and I'm sorry for any inconvenience doing this would have caused.

We've since been advised that resetting the APN settings can also do the trick (as some of you have already mentioned). If you haven't tried this already, please try Settings SIM cards & mobile networks Select your SIM Access Point Names - Tap Reset. You may then need to enter your APN settings again if this hasn't automatically populated for you.

Should you find this step hasn't worked for you, please do try a factory reset if you haven't already. Before doing this please ensure to back up your phone so you don't lose any important files, pictures or videos. You can do this by connecting your phone to a computer, using Google Drive or Mi Cloud.

If after trying all of the above steps, please do get in touch with us on Twitter or Facebook with the details requested previously. We ask you to reach out to us there as this is a secure way for us to access your account, so please don't share your information in the thread here. 

For those of you who don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, please reach out to us on Live Chat, by calling 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 0333 304 0191 from any other line. 

@Natasha Thanks for this response, however, the Sim card APN menu option is greyed out!!

1- I am not doing a factory reset. Ridiculous to suggest that this should be necessary.

2- APN settings are greyed out.  Can't do anything with them

3- Xiaomi have said 11.0.5 or whatever it is is supposed to be available at the weekend. Why are the two companies not aligned.on progress? Again, ridiculous.

4- if we are in contract with Vodafone and the next patch doesn't work can we just request a new handset?

Thx

I reached out to the Facebook team yesterday as Natasha advised. They pretty much said "Ah, yeah, sorry about that" and offered no assistance at all.

Would not advise anyone to talk to them.

The steps I have posted in the factory reset seem to be working for some in other forum too. Not saying it will fix all, but seems to for some. Wonder if Vodafone will offer me a job, apparently tech support is pretty unskilled role haha

What we need is to somehow bring everyone together and create a mass action against vodafone and Xiaomi

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, if you've tried all of the steps above (resetting APN settings and trying a factory reset) and neither have worked for you please do contact us on Social Media or through the other methods I've given.

We'll then be able to collate the details I've requested and raise this to our dedicated team to fix.
@tallen This shouldn't have been the case for you - I'll be replying to your last message to us shortly.