main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
Digger-9
4: Newbie

I manually entered the apn settings and it would not save them as 'settings not available for user'

View more options
Mattybear007
2: Seeker

Yep, updated, cross gone on sim but no signal and options still greyed out. .. like I said earlier, Vodafone really don't seem to care about their customers. So, still using my carers old phone!

View more options
jsatherley
3: Seeker

I setup internet (apn) settings manually and they seem to be working. Can make calls, sms and data...still no Google pay (that will have to wait until tomorrow). Good luck everyone.

View more options
Mrsclm

Installed update apn settings greyed out absolute waste of time vodafone really need to take a look at the way theyve handled this and how many people will remain customers after this.

View more options
Mrsclm

How do you set up apn settings manually ?

View more options
jsatherley

For those still struggling with greyed out settings,try the other SIM tray? Not helpful that you can't seem to use both aim trays. And might not work for you.

This update seems a mess.

View more options
smithkv

System update now has a update that's says fix SIM issue. I'll give it a whirl

View more options
smithkv

Tried it. Wish I hadn't. It flashing back wards and forward in 'acirvaring SIM. What is going on I'll have to switch it off. It's no constantly trying to use xiamoi activation. My phone is now hot to touch 

View more options
smithkv

Phone now off. I’ll have to wait for another update. The so called SIM problem fix. Hasn’t worked for me. Initially it did. But then a minute later xiaomi update service and sim update keeps flashing up.... and phone overheating. Still not service ‘emergency calls only’ 

View more options
stessederic

I have received a replacement sim from Vodafone, I installed the update without a sim card in the slot, then rebooted. I then switched off the phone and put the new sim card back in the phone, then switched on. Vodafone automatically sent configuration messages which I installed then xiaomi sim activation worked, and I have a fully functioning phone..... I'm not sure if it's the new sim or the procedure that I followed, good luck guys! 

View more options
tallen

Well, 5 days gone and they've fixed one phone! That's great for stessederic, very pleased they have a working phone. 

At the rate of one every 5 days I might have a working phone in August!

View more options
SG72

Chocolate fire guard springs to mind....

View more options
mlphj

Put my PAYG EE sim card I've had to go and buy for a spare handset and boom it works. Figure that one out!!

View more options
SG72

X not solved solution

View more options
Tash

Hi everyone - thanks for keeping us all updated on the thread here.

A patch was released today (much sooner than expected!) and I'm glad to see this is now working for some of you. For anyone still facing issues with their signal, we've been advised resetting your network settings should resolve things for you. You can do this by going to Settings App - System - Reset Options - Reset Wifi, Mobile & Bluetooth - Reset Settings.

If this doesn't do the trick, please pop us a message on Twitter/Facebook with the following and we'll be able to raise this with the dedicated team to get a fix put in place ASAP:

• Your Community username
  • The link to your post (you can do this by right clicking the thread title on your post and copying this)
  • Your mobile number and IMEI number
  • What software version you're currently on

Our team will need to access your account securely and can do this through our Twitter or Facebook channels. Rest assured we'll get you all up and running again as fast as we can.

View more options
pbrzeski

Update and  'resetting your network settings' doesnt work for me. Have no way of contacting my family in these tough times nor they of contacting me. Really losing my faith in Vodafone now

View more options
Jackie0

Hi if does not have Facebook / Twitter what then do?

View more options
Pavster

Reset settings didn't work for me either. 

View more options
Kurt91

Have tried to do this myself too and still no joy 

View more options
Andycoops

Hi

Like many on here the update appeared to work then Vodafone txt informing of the need to update APN settings to work, the settings were then sent, failed and my phone dropped off the network with no signal x logo showing.

The moderators suggestions on here arnt quite right for the fix she's suggesting (wrong menus) so try the below: 

SETTINGS / SIM CARD and mobile networks / Access Point Names

The hit the reset button 

This seemed to do the trick for me and my sim suddenly sprang back to life with full signal.

Currently testing calls, sms, mms and Internet, so far so good. 

View more options