Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Many thanks 😁

Any news from Natasha? 

Hello all.

Sorry for the language I just talked to Xiaomi I was told that there will be an update up to MIUI 12 and even both sim cards will work already Xiaomi talked than with Vodafone, but I don't know how much truth it is but I wanted to share it with me

X not solved solution

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone - thanks for keeping us all updated on the thread here.

A patch was released today (much sooner than expected!) and I'm glad to see this is now working for some of you. For anyone still facing issues with their signal, we've been advised resetting your network settings should resolve things for you. You can do this by going to Settings App - System - Reset Options - Reset Wifi, Mobile & Bluetooth - Reset Settings.

If this doesn't do the trick, please pop us a message on Twitter/Facebook with the following and we'll be able to raise this with the dedicated team to get a fix put in place ASAP:

• Your Community username
  • The link to your post (you can do this by right clicking the thread title on your post and copying this)
  • Your mobile number and IMEI number
  • What software version you're currently on

Our team will need to access your account securely and can do this through our Twitter or Facebook channels. Rest assured we'll get you all up and running again as fast as we can.

Update and  'resetting your network settings' doesnt work for me. Have no way of contacting my family in these tough times nor they of contacting me. Really losing my faith in Vodafone now

Reset settings didn't work for me either. 

Hey guys, I talked to online chat and they recommended me to factory reset my phone (again). But it actually seemed to do the trick for me, try it out

Still not working for me after reset of network settings.

Do Vodafone actually know how to fix this or are they just guessing?

How can they not know about the new update if you are constantly in contact with them to fix this?

Hi if does not have Facebook / Twitter what then do?