Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

I wouldn't advise doing this. I was going to do it myself but decided not to as wasn't advised by anyone. Hope this helps 

Not working at all, complete waist of time.

The irony.....I get home from work at 11.30 pm to a letter from Vodafone offering me their broadband services. Must be a wind up....they can't even provide me with a mobile phone that works. Oh and a new SIM card which is also pointless. 

Hi all

Another update . . Just received an email from the Vodafone team working on on this. They've explained the flaw in the testing prior to the release of the update (and have learnt a lesson from it)

Xaiomi should have the updated fix in place for Friday. 

Hang in there people.

I just had a reply from Vodafone UK. Via twitter, Saying 'they are working with xiaomi as we speak. 🙄 Three days after the event. 

@smithkv wrote:

I just had a reply from Vodafone UK. Via twitter, Saying 'they are working with xiaomi as we speak. 🙄 Three days after the event. 

We're on day 5. The update came through to a lot of us Saturday night. How they didn't immediatly pull the update is ridiculous. Someone on twitter has said they just installed it. I've asked him when the update notification came through. Waiting on a response. If it was within the last 48 hours then that's absolutely absurd.

Edit: No issue. He got the update on Sunday.

How do I return the phone for my money back. I can't continue with this insult.

How will we be notified?

Will we get a Xiaomi pop if for the update or will it be a Vodafone update.

Another day of service lost 😢

I've been following this with great interest as I too have found too many hours wasted with technical support and complaints line. I find the lack of empathy to users of the Mi 9 amazingly low. For many of us, including myself, don't actually own the phone (paying over a two year contract) and to be told "I should contact Xiaomi to sort out the problem" completely unacceptable. I also find the lack on compensation "upfront" rather than dealing on a "one to one" level even more unacceptable. I am a customer of Vodafone and can't current receive their service. I personally dont care who wants to blame who, I want to feel valued as a customer. I don't in any of this. It is shocking how this has been dealt with. I, as I'm sure many are Key Workers through this horrendous situation who can't continue in their work as they would like. For peoples information after 7 hours of communication I have been sent a new SIM to try a fix the problem. I genuinely wonder who decides this is good customer service. I have no doubt a fix will come but it again goes to show that as individuals we are just not important enough to the overall size and profits of multinational companies. 

Fully agree and feel the same. I am a key worker,a my phone is vital part of my work and I also have a disabled father who currently lives alone and has minimal care and it genuinely causes a lot of stress being outwith wifi and unable to be contacted by him. Like a few others here I emailed nick.jeffery@vodafone.com who is the CEO as I was unsatisfied by the level of customer care over the last 5 days. I don't know what it will do but worth a try.