main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
PiaSch
3: Seeker

Thanks a lot, just sent him an email as well.

View more options
cyclingman
2: Seeker

How did everyone get the update? Did it arrive automatically or do you have to click the three dots and download the latest package from the System Update screen?

View more options
Pavster

I had to check. You go to Settings/about phone/ system update. 

Thats the most helpful advice I received from Vodafone tech support. " Check every few hours for system update..." 

I have also a complaint pending. It says "we'll get back to you within 48 hrs". 

That was an hour ago. Nothing from Vodafone. I can also confirm that my handset works fine with an O2 SIM and my SIM works fine in another handset. So as much as vodafone are trying to pass the ball for me this is a vodafone issue and they need this sorting pronto. So far Vodafone has been utterly unhelpful and unprofessional.

View more options
stessederic

How did you manage to get an 02 sim to work? I thought the phone was locked to Vodafone?

View more options
Pavster

I thought that as well but decided to give it a go. Definitely worked . Used my wife's O2 card and made a call to my Vodafone card which I had placed in her phone ( Samsung) 

View more options
XxShadow

Still no update available on my device.

Been on live chat and they said the patch had to be sent off to Google for approval then Xiaomi can push it to all devices.

Live chat again today and they said soft reset my phone and it should be there.. still nothing.

Do I just have an expensive paperweight now?

View more options
SG72
4: Newbie

I just spoke with Xiaomi and they said the patch was sent out at the weekend. Did anyone receive 11..05? 

They're Looking in to it. Oh my lord...

View more options
Wxrthltl

As per the previous posters advice, I sent an email on Saturday to the CEO. You actually deal with a small team that handle such things for the CEOs office. 

I had a much more productive discussion with them last night (I was surprised to get a call on a Sunday evening but fair play to them, that's good service).

They have agreed that the fault is Vodafone's as it was their software update. 

A temporary phone has now been sent to me, arriving today (but likely tomorrow as my call wasn't till 8pm). 

They will continue to handle my complaint, and if the patch isn't successful by Friday then I send back my handset and because they don't sell it any more I will get a refund to value of the handset price (when new). 

I also get to keep the temporary handset and will be compensated for the loss of service once it is all resolved. 

I'm pretty happy with that result. It's the service I expect, and glad to be making progress. However, it is frustrating that I need to email the CEO and bypass their standard team to deal with this complaint effectively. 

I shall keep you all posted. 

View more options
anjst29

No sign of 11.05 on my phone. 

However, I now have another problem, although my phone is generally working with the update.  Google Assistant is frequently opening for no reason! It's very irritating. Anyone else getting this? 

View more options
Digger-9

The Google assist is just an annoying setting again. In settings turn off 'swipe up on home screen to open search' in home screen. Guess you mean the same annoying think I had. Lots of settings seem on/ off randomly

View more options
SG72

Email sent to dear Nick. Let's see what happens

View more options
SG72

Well, a member of the directors office will be in touch in the next 24 hours apparently.......

View more options

No patch here yet. Been waiting for 8 days now to get my phone fixed.

I've also been  assured by Vodafone support staff that FOUR times I'll receive the patch in a certain timeframe ("wait until midnight", "within the next 12 hours") and not a single one of them has been true yet. I think service like this is particularly awful as it just makes you feel like you're being lied to.

Next up emailing the CEO

View more options
miekaky3

Hate to see that people are still having issues. Mine was kind of working but I decided to go down the very tricky route of changing my firmware to the normal EU version just to put some distance between me and Voda.

For anyone not seeing the latest update, you might need to enable the receive downloads early option.

If you're on the system updates page and it says 'no updates available', hit the three dots on the top right and go to update settings, then in there go to the bottom and enable the option for 'Receive updates early'.

Hope that helps a bit

View more options
AKASH2018

Still no update available. Stuck on 11.0.1.0

View more options
Wxrthltl

Thanks for the suggestion to allow early install of updates, @miekaky3, however no difference it seems. 

Like others, I am stuck on version 11.0.1.

View more options
miekaky3

I wonder if they've pulled the update, they seem to want to be as unhelpful as possible.

If you try to download latest package with that option enabled, is it still trying to download 11.0.1?

View more options
AKASH2018

Mine says cannot download. Wait a minute or two and try again. Then nothing 

View more options
XxShadow

Mine just says

Can't download update

Wait a minute or two and try again

View more options
SG72

Mine says can't update too. 

Surprised, or rather I'm not anymore, that everyone didnt get the option to download 11.04

View more options