Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

So next week now, why don't they just work on the miui 12 upgrade which is getting rolled out on the 18th  and get us all working and up to date.. 

Wow can you imagine the grief Miui 12 is going to cause us! Probably won't have to consider than for about another year!

Disappointing, I'm a key worker and though not front line, do lone work in remote areas. If not going to be untill next week I need to pick up a cheap handset and SIM so I can remain safe/ contactable. :Sad_face: Won't be a Vodafone customer again. 

We shouldn't be buying new phones for a service we are paying for. They should send us (fast courier) loan phones until this is resolved. 

I asked them about loan phones on Monday. They said they would never have enough of them to go around. That's not my problem, that's their problem. I'm now not paying for the service so there is no need for them to provide it to me. Looking forwy to that YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR BILL EMAIL 😂😂. Strange how they didn't contact me over no service but they will on the 1st of June when they don't get their direct debit. 

MIUI 12! OMG, not downloading that! 😂😂😂

It took them a year to roll out MIUI 11

So I wouldn't hold my breath 

Asking my boss if that is legit

EDIT : not a 100pct sure (he's the marketing manager in the uk, so a few layers of separation), but he knows for sure there are fixes being pushed that way. Occam's razor, would be hard for a scammer to have got your number and jump in with the right issue. 

Think we are still a way off. Had a Xiaomi engineer contact me askinging if I could verify the 'fix/ update'. I agreed and he said would be pushed out to me in the next few days. Seems like it is being worked on anyway. 

Vodafones incompetence of the handling of this situation has been stsggering. Though they are aware of the problem not once have attempted to contact me during the 5 days. I've had mobile phones now for 30 years and this has been the longest failure in that 30 years. Well done Vodafone, you're breaking records. Yesterday I also missed out on work for this weekend that cost me just under £600. Meanwhike Vodafone will probably offer me £2 a day compensation. Shameful.