main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
Wxrthltl
2: Seeker

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

Consumer Rights Act 2015

Feel free to look up your rights on this.  I reckon Sections 16, 19, 23, 30 and 43 all apply here.  Vodafone have failed to fix the fault, which they created, so a replacement handset is the only other choice.  I have asked via FB messenger, not that I have had a reply to that.  

View more options
SG72
4: Newbie

Danny can take a hike 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

View more options
John20000
3: Seeker

I thought it was me using the phone more , but I now have to charge the phone during the day , I've never had to do this

View more options
Zak1963

So, to summarise - as best I understand it - the Vodafone position appears to be this:

i) The issue is resolved;

ii) If (i)  above is not correct, contact us through social media, and we will provide you with a scripted response to the effect that we may raise the matter again with Xiaomi , who may then respond with a further 'fix' some time before the next ice age;

iii) If anyone suggests that the patches pushed out so far appear to be degrading battery performances and/or require a factory reset to be effective, we will stick our fingers in our ears and cover our eyes - if we don't know there's a problem it can't be our fault can it?

iv) Although we know the contact details of all our affected customers, we will simply not voluntarily make contact with them to either advise time-scales for corrective patches, or provide any pointers as to how the issue of compensation is to be managed.

@Danny @Natasha - have I omitted anything?

View more options
Makera

The most annoying thing is, when you call them (Vodafone) they tell you they don't know anything about the issues going on with the phone.

View more options
Mrsclm

I reluctantly did a factory reset today, after backing up everything to google drive and the xiaomi cloud, and backed up whatsapp. I did the back up without the sim then put it in when prompted and went to the settings and was able to select vodafone. I have ignored the alerts from xiaomi regarding SIM settings.
This worked for me, and all working fine so far, although it did drain my battery but that could be downloading and restoring.  I will see how it performs tomorrow. 
I have got most things restored, I lost all my text messages though, and a bit of a pain resetting all banking apps etc. Also make a note of your Mi account under settings before you do the reset to make sure you can get back in,
Sorry for those it didn't work for but at least my phone is working now.
I hope you all get a fix soon.

View more options
Carlys101

For those still having problems I seriously recommend emailing the ##~##  I emailed a complaint and within 24 hours they had sent out a replacement device which arrived, it was on miui 10, I reluctantly updated it as the update popped up, and now it is working with no issues. This is the only method of communication with Vodafone that worked for me. 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
GRT

It is 23.00 on the 16th. Where is the promised patch? At the moment I have a phone which is useless.

I was sent a new SIM which made no difference. In desperation I took the SIM out and put it back in multiple times. At 7pm I got a signal and thought all was OK and picked up my voicemail. I

Later  I had to reboot after another App crashed and I lost the signal and it won't come back.

View more options
Rednose66

Your phone should automatically get the update and fine you the option to upgrade.

View more options
cyclingman

Still no upgrade here even when I check for updates. I'm stuck on v11.0.1.0

View more options
perhamface

Any one who's had the update, if you hold down 1 on your dialer to call your answerphone, is your answerphone then in Spanish? If I dial 121 it's fine, but if I hold 1, it's Spanish. 

Also, NFC was disabled. I had to manually enable it for Android Pay.

Definite drop in battery life too. Very noticeable. 

View more options
anjst29

Hilarious- it's true. Voicemail in Spanish! Whatever will go wrong next??

View more options
Bob47

Unbelievable 😂 this just gets better Vodafone you really are the gift that keeps on giving in our case not 

View more options
Digger-9

😂 this is crazy. Mines working but just checked yep all voicemail is in Spanish and just got a message from someone from Xiaomi wanting to push me an update to test. What do I do? Come on Vodafone... Advice? @natasha or anyone

View more options
Andycoops

Same for me, voicemail was actually calling Romaina. 

Just needs a settings tweak. 

Go into Settings, type Call in the search box at the top and select Call Settings then 

Settings>advanced settings>voicemail and change the number to 121

Now back to regular UK English VM. 

View more options
Rednose66

I too have the Romanian voicemail number. Luckily I never use voicemail.

View more options
billynoodle

My word , this has become almost like a comedy sketch by Vodafone. What a sham. I factory reset my mi9 phone to see if it was now sorted and guess what,  it didn't . Still doesn't work. Glad I bought a new phone and switched networks. The Asda network piggy backs EE and seems really good so far. 

View more options
SG72

The only way to punish Vodafone is to go elsewhere and spread the word

View more options
Digger-9

Changing to 121 worked thanks. But now worried what other settings are wrong. If I make a call will I get charged as an international caller?

View more options
PiaSch

Same here...... Actually happened on Monday after the whole issue started. Took sim card out as instructed and re-inserted and had full signal for a few days! However, Bluetooth stopped working as well, tried to re-boot phone, and since then: no signal, no Bluetooth, no answer from Vodafone, no new patch, nothing!!!

View more options