Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Update installed, SIM card detected but still not service and flickers between recognising the SIM and not as and when it feels like it 

installed the update and like many on here it is now detecting the SIM but has no signal and the APN settings are still greyed out.

Also 11.0.4 shambles!

I manually entered the apn settings and it would not save them as 'settings not available for user'

Yep, updated, cross gone on sim but no signal and options still greyed out. .. like I said earlier, Vodafone really don't seem to care about their customers. So, still using my carers old phone!

I setup internet (apn) settings manually and they seem to be working. Can make calls, sms and data...still no Google pay (that will have to wait until tomorrow). Good luck everyone.

Installed update apn settings greyed out absolute waste of time vodafone really need to take a look at the way theyve handled this and how many people will remain customers after this.

How do you set up apn settings manually ?

For those still struggling with greyed out settings,try the other SIM tray? Not helpful that you can't seem to use both aim trays. And might not work for you.

This update seems a mess.

OMG, reallty, the patch/release not ready until Monday the previous link says 'fortunatelly there's not allot of users effected' 

Maybe it is time to go along with the sheep and get a Samsung or iPhone and not one of the best spec phones on the market (when it came out) 

I'm going to think seriously about renewing my Vodafone contracts after this. Good look everyone.