Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

The only way to punish Vodafone is to go elsewhere and spread the word

Changing to 121 worked thanks. But now worried what other settings are wrong. If I make a call will I get charged as an international caller?

Same here...... Actually happened on Monday after the whole issue started. Took sim card out as instructed and re-inserted and had full signal for a few days! However, Bluetooth stopped working as well, tried to re-boot phone, and since then: no signal, no Bluetooth, no answer from Vodafone, no new patch, nothing!!!

The sim problem has been solved but now voicemail is in another language, mine is so many others probably are too 

That's an easy one to sort out. Select 121 as the area. If you look back in the history of this thread you'll see how to do it. Hope that helps. 

Although my phone is working has anyone still not had contact with compensation or a replacement handset? 

I was told I would get a call at 16:00 then at 16:30 after no call I was told I may get an email. Still nothing yet. 🙄 

I still haven't received my email either but had a call last week from higher management they said I'd get 40 quid credit plus that they'd credit my account for hassle regard down time and loss o service 

Well, after nearly two weeks of not working, I asked  them to terminate  the contract. They did  so that day. New phone arrived last night, paying less than  before  for a much better contract. Just glad its it's happened now while  I hardly  leave the house.

Anybody else having residual issues? Last night I realised my APN's had disappeared and I couldn't re-enter them. I when I try to enter then manually I get an error message in trying to save.  My phone can still make calls but no data.

No all sorted, phone works like a dream, I went from MI 10-14 to MI11-06 with no problems. I put off 'upgrading' but was forced into it by other services not working with the old firmware.

Battery life is same as it was with charge every couple of days