Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

For those still having problems I seriously recommend emailing the ##~##  I emailed a complaint and within 24 hours they had sent out a replacement device which arrived, it was on miui 10, I reluctantly updated it as the update popped up, and now it is working with no issues. This is the only method of communication with Vodafone that worked for me. 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

Thanks a lot, just sent him an email as well.

How did everyone get the update? Did it arrive automatically or do you have to click the three dots and download the latest package from the System Update screen?

I had to check. You go to Settings/about phone/ system update. 

Thats the most helpful advice I received from Vodafone tech support. " Check every few hours for system update..." 

I have also a complaint pending. It says "we'll get back to you within 48 hrs". 

That was an hour ago. Nothing from Vodafone. I can also confirm that my handset works fine with an O2 SIM and my SIM works fine in another handset. So as much as vodafone are trying to pass the ball for me this is a vodafone issue and they need this sorting pronto. So far Vodafone has been utterly unhelpful and unprofessional.

How did you manage to get an 02 sim to work? I thought the phone was locked to Vodafone?

I thought that as well but decided to give it a go. Definitely worked . Used my wife's O2 card and made a call to my Vodafone card which I had placed in her phone ( Samsung) 

Still no update available on my device.

Been on live chat and they said the patch had to be sent off to Google for approval then Xiaomi can push it to all devices.

Live chat again today and they said soft reset my phone and it should be there.. still nothing.

Do I just have an expensive paperweight now?

I just spoke with Xiaomi and they said the patch was sent out at the weekend. Did anyone receive 11..05? 

They're Looking in to it. Oh my lord...

As per the previous posters advice, I sent an email on Saturday to the CEO. You actually deal with a small team that handle such things for the CEOs office. 

I had a much more productive discussion with them last night (I was surprised to get a call on a Sunday evening but fair play to them, that's good service).

They have agreed that the fault is Vodafone's as it was their software update. 

A temporary phone has now been sent to me, arriving today (but likely tomorrow as my call wasn't till 8pm). 

They will continue to handle my complaint, and if the patch isn't successful by Friday then I send back my handset and because they don't sell it any more I will get a refund to value of the handset price (when new). 

I also get to keep the temporary handset and will be compensated for the loss of service once it is all resolved. 

I'm pretty happy with that result. It's the service I expect, and glad to be making progress. However, it is frustrating that I need to email the CEO and bypass their standard team to deal with this complaint effectively. 

I shall keep you all posted. 

No sign of 11.05 on my phone. 

However, I now have another problem, although my phone is generally working with the update.  Google Assistant is frequently opening for no reason! It's very irritating. Anyone else getting this?