Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Have tried to do this myself too and still no joy 

Hi

Like many on here the update appeared to work then Vodafone txt informing of the need to update APN settings to work, the settings were then sent, failed and my phone dropped off the network with no signal x logo showing.

The moderators suggestions on here arnt quite right for the fix she's suggesting (wrong menus) so try the below: 

SETTINGS / SIM CARD and mobile networks / Access Point Names

The hit the reset button 

This seemed to do the trick for me and my sim suddenly sprang back to life with full signal.

Currently testing calls, sms, mms and Internet, so far so good. 

If anyone gets a chance to confirm if they are having issues with the new ROM and Google Pay I would be very grateful. (Do appreciate this is less of an issue than we have all be struggling with).

Thank you to everyone who has contributed and provided help and support.

I cannot even access the settings for SIM cards, its all greyed out...

Anybody else notice decreased battery life with the patch?

Yes, I used to recharge alternate days but since I'm back on it's been down to 20% each evening. 

I thought it was me using the phone more , but I now have to charge the phone during the day , I've never had to do this

So, to summarise - as best I understand it - the Vodafone position appears to be this:

i) The issue is resolved;

ii) If (i)  above is not correct, contact us through social media, and we will provide you with a scripted response to the effect that we may raise the matter again with Xiaomi , who may then respond with a further 'fix' some time before the next ice age;

iii) If anyone suggests that the patches pushed out so far appear to be degrading battery performances and/or require a factory reset to be effective, we will stick our fingers in our ears and cover our eyes - if we don't know there's a problem it can't be our fault can it?

iv) Although we know the contact details of all our affected customers, we will simply not voluntarily make contact with them to either advise time-scales for corrective patches, or provide any pointers as to how the issue of compensation is to be managed.

@Danny @Natasha - have I omitted anything?

The most annoying thing is, when you call them (Vodafone) they tell you they don't know anything about the issues going on with the phone.

I reluctantly did a factory reset today, after backing up everything to google drive and the xiaomi cloud, and backed up whatsapp. I did the back up without the sim then put it in when prompted and went to the settings and was able to select vodafone. I have ignored the alerts from xiaomi regarding SIM settings.
This worked for me, and all working fine so far, although it did drain my battery but that could be downloading and restoring.  I will see how it performs tomorrow. 
I have got most things restored, I lost all my text messages though, and a bit of a pain resetting all banking apps etc. Also make a note of your Mi account under settings before you do the reset to make sure you can get back in,
Sorry for those it didn't work for but at least my phone is working now.
I hope you all get a fix soon.