Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

ShocWave
2: Seeker

I'm actually from Canada, and I couldn't help but notice you guys having this issue. I own a Vodafone Mi Mix 3 5G and hope to one day get the MIUI 11 update too.

In order to access the hidden APN settings which are greyed out or inaccessible, you can try using this app that a fellow Canadian made for Xiaomi phones: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/2/#p30756342

Not sure if it will solve the issue, but it's worth a try. On my other MIUI 11 phone, the only way I can ever change the APN is through this app, since Google has pretty much disabled APN editing in new Android releases if the SIM card has preset settings.

Hello there.. I have a Vodafone contract Xiaomi Mi 9, and after last update it doesn't recognise the SIM card and does not work at all with it. Found out that a fix for this has been rolled out, but yet, not been able to download it. I have taken my SIM card of the phone, so I am using WIFI only.. I search for updates and it does not show me anything.

Hi @SLAPBACKGOD 

Please take a look at this recent pre existing thread on this subject.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

miekaky3

Hate to see that people are still having issues. Mine was kind of working but I decided to go down the very tricky route of changing my firmware to the normal EU version just to put some distance between me and Voda.

For anyone not seeing the latest update, you might need to enable the receive downloads early option.

If you're on the system updates page and it says 'no updates available', hit the three dots on the top right and go to update settings, then in there go to the bottom and enable the option for 'Receive updates early'.

Hope that helps a bit

Still no update available. Stuck on 11.0.1.0

Thanks for the suggestion to allow early install of updates, @miekaky3, however no difference it seems. 

Like others, I am stuck on version 11.0.1.

miekaky3

I wonder if they've pulled the update, they seem to want to be as unhelpful as possible.

If you try to download latest package with that option enabled, is it still trying to download 11.0.1?

Mine says cannot download. Wait a minute or two and try again. Then nothing 

Mine just says

Can't download update

Wait a minute or two and try again

Mine says can't update too. 

Surprised, or rather I'm not anymore, that everyone didnt get the option to download 11.04