Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My phone can't send texts, keep saying they have failed, have full signal

mshee93
2: Seeker

My phone normally can send texts fine but for the last 2 hours it keeps saying the texts have failed

I have turned my phone on and off, I have full signal and have tried sending texts to lots of my contacts and not succeeded

37 REPLIES 37

harrysanderson
Having same problem but I dont know what to do have turned it off too and taken the sim out and turned it back on but still not sending

My daughter is having the same issue,  I insalled Google Messenger for SMS, this gave error 38.

POSitality
4: Newbie

Same deal here on Note 3... tried my SIM in a spare phone (Nexus 4) and still have the problem.

So I requested a callback from the troubleshooting line:

"We will call you back in over 3 hours"

Seems like we're not alone :smileylol:

ok got through to CS  they sent t some instructions which worked

This is for Android.

Go to Settings

Mobile Data

Set network to someone other than Vodafone

Then Set to Vodafone

and it worked

Tried the network swap trick, no luck there though :Sad_face:

Thanks mistergoof worked for me on my Galaxy Note and saved a 20 minute wait to speak to someone via chat!

Amymcatear
Having the same problem 😑

POSitality
4: Newbie

In case someone is actually reading this from Vodafone, it would be nice if we could all chip in with:

Phone Model, SIM type (standard, micro, nano) and vague age of phone and/or SIM.

So I have trouble on both a Note 3 & Nexus 4, micro SIM around 18 months old. Curiously my wife's Lumia 930 (2 days old with a new nano SIM) sends and recieves texts okay. Makes me wonder if there's some issue with a particular generation of SIM.

Samsung S3 mini, standard sim

sim one year old