Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3 Wi-Fi Calling Calling Preference Option Missing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently moved from O2 to Vodafone and on my Google Pixel 3 (running Android 11 with network settings version vodafone_gb-22000000312.28) I have noticed that I have lost access to the "Calling preference" option within the Wi-Fi calling settings, this means Wi-Fi calling defaults to "Call over mobile network" which doesn't result in a very pleasant experience should I have one bar of (non-4G) signal and it then degrade whilst on a call (it drops). I would therefore be quite keen in regaining access to the Wi-Fi Calling Calling preference setting!

As far as I am aware this option has to be enabled my the network operator, is there any scope for this option to be enabled in future at all please?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Here is some current information on Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi.

From Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings. ”

That said there has been people who have been able to get this working.
Some phone's supplied by a network has their own flavour of software on them that can cause other network features not to work but not all phones supplied by a Network has their flavour of software on them.
Perhaps ask the Vodafone agent via 191 or Live Chat to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.
"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"
I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @BandOfBrothers but my query isn't with regards to getting Wi-Fi Calling enabled, it's for getting the Wi-Fi Calling preference to appear, this looks like the below:

unnamed.png

Whilst speaking to Vodafone tech support I've had multiple attempts at resetting network settings and reprovisioning Wi-Fi Calling but to no avail.