Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3XL updated to Android 12 and now mobile data doesn't work

rich_ni
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I updated to Android 12 a day or so ago on my Pixel 3XL and ever since I have not been able to use mobile data. It seems to be picking up the signal as I can make calls and texts and it is even registering 4G in the status bar but in the signal strength meter in the status bar it has an ! . I suspect it's that I need some configuration settings to be sent to my phone - normally after a firmware update they get sent through automatically, but nothing has come through. Not sure how to resolve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @rich_ni 

As a first step soft reboot by turning the phone Off and then back On. 

If that does not help then Try texting WEB to 40127 to see if this sends the configuration settings to your phone.

Also have a look at the Apn settings in your phone to ensure they are still correct.

It'll be somewhere under your connection settings.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/google/pixel-3-xl-android-9-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for... 

I'm not sure with the Google Pixel as I use a Samsung phone but see if you can clear the phones system cache files.

There may also be a reset network settings in the phone which is worth trying.

This may not be the actual update that's caused this so it's worth checking your account too by asking customer service on 191 or Live Chat to check your account.

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone if you can.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM have account access via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

As a very last resort back up and factory reset.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @rich_ni 

As a first step soft reboot by turning the phone Off and then back On. 

If that does not help then Try texting WEB to 40127 to see if this sends the configuration settings to your phone.

Also have a look at the Apn settings in your phone to ensure they are still correct.

It'll be somewhere under your connection settings.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/google/pixel-3-xl-android-9-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for... 

I'm not sure with the Google Pixel as I use a Samsung phone but see if you can clear the phones system cache files.

There may also be a reset network settings in the phone which is worth trying.

This may not be the actual update that's caused this so it's worth checking your account too by asking customer service on 191 or Live Chat to check your account.

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone if you can.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM have account access via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

As a very last resort back up and factory reset.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @rich_ni 

You don't mention if you updated using a WiFi connection or mobile data, if you used mobile data the update may well have consumed your monthly data allowance and it will be impossible  to make a connection without purchasing additional data.  Take a look at your Application this will confirm if you have any data remaining.

When you completed the update you will have been provided with a choice of APN settings, if you are pay monthly you would have need to select Vodafone contract, you can check these from from phone connection settings. The phone may have temporarily lost it's connection, try completing a network scan, select any other network, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone.

Thanks all,

It took a reset of the network settings to sort it out!

Really appreciate the quick responses and helpful advice!