Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Right then.. it's not the sim card.  But I got to thinking about what's different between my work phone (Redmi) which works ok and my PIxel.. and the only thing that I can think of is that WiFi calling is enable on the Pixel but not the Redmi.  Next plan is to disable Wifi calling and try again.

I found that setting the phone to 3g worked. 4g calling seems to be the problem. However, my second Vodafone sim has no problems at all if I put it in my Xperia. This suggests there is a problem with the configuration of the sim or account. In my case I also have other account problems that may be linked. I am unable to set a spend limit, or turn off Secure Net. Also, I cannot see my usage breakdown. I think the account needs to be removed and set up again from scratch.

still having same issues - only happens when on 4G and other sims work fine - please help 

Hi,

I have the same issue and a Sony Xperia 10. Have you found a solution?

Regards,

Neil.

Unfortunately the common theme here seems to be Vodafone, not the handset. I still have yet to get any further with them as they seem to think its just affecting me. Maybe worth contacting them directly to make sure they can see it is a common problem and not just a one off?

Sorry I can't be more help. Wish I could because then my problem would be resolved too! 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, it's definitely a common problem with the number of people with exactly the same issue on this thread alone. I might start a new thread to see if anyone from Vodafone sees it. I'll also try to get through on LiveChat.

Neil.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there, I've been looking further into what this could be and have gone onto the manufacturer forums and people are having the same issues on different networks - it's worth speaking with them directly as a few of the messages were that it could be potential apps that causing it to end prematurely if they are using too much memory etc. 

Thanks! Can you point us in the direction of the threads you mention please and any possible apps that may be causing this?

Many thanks! Let's hope we can finally resolve this. 

Hi All 

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, I wasnt aware of disabling 4G as a work around. I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 (not compact) and have been experiencing this issue for some time now. The variation in affected handsets and very specific time at which outgoing calls are being dropped clearly suggests a carrier issue and not a handset issue. I have performed a full reinstallation of device software (flashed the firmware, and not just a reset) and also spent hours trying to resolve this issue with tech support (calling on another phone because mine cuts off at exactly 29m 50s!!) with no joy. Definitely a Vodafone specific issue. Has anyone got any further with Vodafone on this? 

Hi,

I have the same problem with an Xperia 10. Even with 4G switched off, I get cut off.

Sick of it. Some really important calls have been terminated, which has been very annoying.

Regards,

Neil.