main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

SOLVED
View solved solution
ZOECED
3: Seeker

This is not specific to Pixel 3XLs. I have been experiencing exactly the same issue using my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact - dropped calls after 29m 50s every time. Others in the above thread have already said they have also had the same issue on a different model. 

View more options
BellaMafiosa

Yes I've read that.   It's a shame Vodafone isn't trying to help it's customers fix the real issue, whatever it is.  Instead of fobbing it off on the manufacturer, anything to absolve itself from any blame or actual resolution.  It's very frustrating.  I am definitely leaving after my contract ends. 

View more options
geedub
2: Seeker

I'm not sure that's entirely fair as Natasha (as she posted above) has collected details from me and I believe others in the thread with a view to escalating the issue. Might have been slow to react but there is a suggestion something may be done now at least.

View more options
Sony1

The UK  XZ1C uses the Google Phone App so it may be a compatibility problem between Vodafone and the Phone App, not just Pixel phones.

I have a XZ1C but I have never made a phone call of that length before so I don't know if I have the same problem, I have recently noticed that I no longer get SMS Delivery reports though.   

View more options
Stubbo

Hey @geedub and @BellaMafiosa,

We've got all of the examples needed to raise this, prior to @Tash private messaging some of you guys. If we have an update, or need any more examples, we'll PM some more people tho have the issue. Have a great rest of the week!

View more options
BellaMafiosa

Thanks Stubbo.  Can you please share what the fix is,  or what the next steps are?

View more options
Foxy1

I am having the same issue.  My phone upgraded on 01/06/20, and it started cutting off on 2/7/20 whilst on the phone to Sky....so not ideal. Didn't think anything of it until it happened again, and then again.  Found this thread so have been hoping for some answers.

Contacted vodafone on chat, they advised me to do various things, ie switch to 3g manually find network, turn off and on etc...nothing worked.  Actually spoke to someone who said to clear cache and that should do it.   Well funny enough, it did, I cut the call off at 35 mins.   However, since then its gone back to 29mins 50secs unless on 3g. 

They are sending a new sim, however don't hold out much hope to be honest on looking at previous posts.  I don't see how it can be sim if its ok on 3g.   I think its got something to do with update, but I would like it sorted as 3g is obviously ok for calls but not for everything else, and swapping it each time is not the idea.  Hopefully someone will be able to sort this.

View more options
OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

View more options
Foxy1

Hi, got new sim and no difference, I have been speaking to Vodafone on facebook and they have advised me to do all that I have done.    Saw the reply re Wifi calling...went into my account and saw that this was activated......I was unaware of this, but I did upgrade so it must have been activated again then.

Anyway, long story short, I did manage to stay on the phone for 33 mins.... :-), I am hoping its not a one off like it was the last time.   Thank you Oliverswward.

View more options
BellaMafiosa

Hi Oliver - thanks for this.  so glad you found a fix!!!    Please can you provide more details pretty please :Smiling: 

what do you mean to disable wifi?  on what account?  what webpage? help! 

Please could you share the exact steps - dis gurl is confused :Sad_face:   

View more options
BellaMafiosa

thanks.  I've gone into my phone settings - found WiFi call settings - its' on OFF.  so not the issue.  any other suggestions?

View more options
velodan668
4: Newbie

I understand that it is because you have WiFi calling enabled on your account not your phone 

View more options
BellaMafiosa

Thanks.  WHAT account?  Please can you clarify

View more options
velodan668

Go into extras in the my Vodafone app and check if WiFi calling is enabled.

Your account is shown when you login either on the app or web and you can change settings on your subscription.

View more options
BellaMafiosa

Thanks! I've just found it.

Let's see if this fixes the issue.  

the bigger issue is why, as customers, do we suffer service by having something like WiFi calling on, which technically provides a better overall service?   

View more options
velodan668

I agree.  You shouldn't have to disable it because it is very useful particularly for me.  Vodafone need to sort this out.  I resorted to changing handset which has fixed the problem.

View more options
Debh59

I'm not sure wifi calling being off will fix the issue as I have had mine off and still have the issue.bthe only fix i have found us to turn 4g off but then you have to remember to turn back on when out and about. Issue started for me end February or beginning March. New sim hasn't made any difference and Vodafone are saying my handset is faulty - pretty sure it's not and am hoping for an alternative answer 

View more options
Foxy1

Hi all,  I turned the Wifi calling off and managed to stay connected for longer than 29 mins 50 secs. yesterday. Didn't know if it was a fluke as it had done it once before(wifi calling on).  However to check, I have just called my home phone and we are now 35 mins in.    If I had known the Wifi calling had been activated again when I upgraded my plan, I would have gone in and turned it off. When I spoke to various people at Vodafone, they just said account was in order but didn't mention the wifi bit and nor did I.    It does seem a bit weird that with it on it only gives you a certain amount of time so I think there may well still be issues.  Again, I would like to thank Oliver, however Vodafone should know about this...... I hope everyone else manages to sort their phones.

View more options
geedub

I am not sure I see this as solution - its simply a  workaround with some downside - the same as turning off 4G on the device is.

I would like to use 4G, have wifi calling on and make calls longer than 29 min 50 seconds. Hopefully this is still being escalated to find a proper solution.

View more options
Tash

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop a reply in the thread here - rest assured this is still being investigated so we can find a fix! 

@OLIVERSWWARD Thanks for sharing the workaround in the thread - it's great to hear this has done the trick for so many in the meantime 😊

Once we have any further updates from the team, we'll add these to the thread to keep you all in the loop. We really appreciate your patience!

View more options