Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 5 eSim - Works!

davidfaulkner
4: Newbie

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know I brought a Pixel 5 unlocked and eSim works perfectly.

Cheers, David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello all,

After two months trying, I finally have my eSIM working.

I contacted (again) with the customer service, and this time I was lucky with the person who was in the other side. He offered applying for the eSIM swap on my behalf and, when he was doing the request, he told me that there was an issue with my contact info (after more than two years in Vodafone UK!). He updated everything for me, and he didn't ask me what device I was using (so we didn't have the same conversation about compatibility like other times!). I received the text about the request, and 1 minute later, I had the email with the QR in my Inbox. Following the instructions, I set up everything really quick and easy, and I have my two SIMs working fine.

Good luck if your are still not able to get it!

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thank you for letting us all know.  👍

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, I requested moving to e-Sim about 8 hours ago. So far, nothing happened, my physical SIM is still on.

I'll keep you posted.

I requested mine yesterday at around 6pm for the first time and it arrived in my inbox in 5 minutes. I was expecting issues to be honest but it ended up being really easy. Have you checked your junk folder? Your signal will suddenly disappear when they've activated it.

The SIM is still active, so no point in checking the email...

I tried again, stucked on the same place. An "order successful" message on the screen, the SIM still works and I'm waiting for the email with the QR code.

Please let me know if I do something wrong..

Screenshot_20201016-121126.png

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Nightwish, I'm disappointed to hear you're experiencing a delay getting your eSIM active. If you've still not received the email with your QR code, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Thank you so much.

I will wait until tomorrow, as today my number is being ported from EE and at the moment not even MyVodafone works.

That'll probably be why it's not working - I'm already on Vodafone. You're in for a treat, in SW London I'm getting 315Mb down and 80Mb up!

I guess you are right, they just finished porting the number, I tried right away and received the email within 5 minutes.